Hello

julietk

Registered
Reaction score
Website
julietkemp.com
Hi there.

I've been writing full-time since 2008, but the paid stuff so far has largely been non-fiction (Linux-y tutorials; a book on permaculture; a few other bits and bobs in various places).

I spent lots of time writing fiction as a kid, then stopped dead sometime in my teens and got back into it only very slowly some 15 years later. I've had some short stories published in the last couple of years, and I'm putting steadily more time into the fiction now. That's my real writing love, but the non-fiction is deeply enjoyable too and it does pay the bills right now.

Last year was the Year of the Short Story (one per month finished and submitted; didn't quite manage that but did manage around 9 depending on how you count it). This year is the Year of the Novel. So far I'm on target for my self-imposed deadline...

I live in London with my partners, toddler, and dog. My non-writing time is spent wrangling the knee-high parts of the household, working on various permaculture projects, and Making Things, often out of textiles. I used to climb and one of these days I will get back to the wall...

I look forward to meeting folk on here and getting stuck in myself!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

FlaDan

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Fiction is a different beast than fact. Good luck.

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
Hi nice to meet you. Have a great time searching these boards.

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
hi there! :welcome: Oh, I imagine you are going to be quite successful with your novel with a resume like that! Keep it up. :)

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, and good luck with The Year of the Novel.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Any advice you need, just ask!