• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Insomnia Publishing

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
Can they really sell books to the mystery, romance, sci-fi, thriller, self-help, cookbook AND tabletop gaming communities? The more successful epubs do better specializing in one genre. This looks like a grab for anything and everything. Except erotica. Which is strange since that's one genre that's been seeing a lot of growth.

Offering editing, design, typesetting for a fee while also acting like a publisher is also a problem. There's a conflict of interest which makes me think they will be more interested in selling editing or cover design packages than properly marketing Insomnia authors.

Insomnia just opened their doors, yet has no books for sale. That's like a shoe store having a grand opening with no shoes in stock.

LateNightLady

Yield to the beauty
Registered
Reaction score
Website
latenightlady.deviantart.com
Here is the blurb from their facebook page:
I would like to announce the start of my Harebrained Scheme: Insomnia Publishing. To those who have been curious about what I have been cooking up for the last few months this has been one of the projects I have been most deeply involved in. Today - April 24th marks the launch of Insomnia. Myself along with Mel Ngai, Rich Belanger, Alicia Beane, Christopher Frances, and Chris Stratton are beyond excited to have this dream becoming a reality.