The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Insomnia Publishing

Yield to the beauty LateNightLady's Avatar

Insomnia Publishing

Elizabeth Harvey has started a new small publishing company Insomnia Press

http://insomnia-publishing.com/

I wish them luck!
    Last edited by LateNightLady; 04-27-2014 at 08:10 PM.
    Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.

I blog

practical experience, FTW akaria's Avatar
    Can they really sell books to the mystery, romance, sci-fi, thriller, self-help, cookbook AND tabletop gaming communities? The more successful epubs do better specializing in one genre. This looks like a grab for anything and everything. Except erotica. Which is strange since that's one genre that's been seeing a lot of growth.

Offering editing, design, typesetting for a fee while also acting like a publisher is also a problem. There's a conflict of interest which makes me think they will be more interested in selling editing or cover design packages than properly marketing Insomnia authors.

Insomnia just opened their doors, yet has no books for sale. That's like a shoe store having a grand opening with no shoes in stock.
    ON SALE 10/31/16 - Blood Awakening
    I tweet!
    Blog

Goodreads Amazon Kobo
    Nook Apple ARe

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Elizabeth Harvey-Prybylski, for the sake of the search engines. Formerly of Divertir Publishing.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Yield to the beauty LateNightLady's Avatar
    Here is the blurb from their facebook page:
    I would like to announce the start of my Harebrained Scheme: Insomnia Publishing. To those who have been curious about what I have been cooking up for the last few months this has been one of the projects I have been most deeply involved in. Today - April 24th marks the launch of Insomnia. Myself along with Mel Ngai, Rich Belanger, Alicia Beane, Christopher Frances, and Chris Stratton are beyond excited to have this dream becoming a reality.
    Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.

I blog