Status
Not open for further replies.

JWNelson

JWNelson
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jwnelson.net
This thread seems like a good place to ask this question. I have a sizable audience interested in reading (and, hopefully, later buying/reviewing) a novel I intend to e-pub. I know some of them will be knowledgeable enough to access and download the .mobi, .epub, or other e-file onto their e-reader from a web-link. What (if any) options exist for those whose technical abilities stop at "click to buy now" on Amazon or elsewhere?
Thanks!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Mr Nelson, I'm afraid I don't think that the "How To Promote Your Book" thread is a good place for you to ask your question, so I'm going to peel your question out of this thread and into one of its own. Hold on a while.

Deleted member 42

This thread seems like a good place to ask this question. I have a sizable audience interested in reading (and, hopefully, later buying/reviewing) a novel I intend to e-pub. I know some of them will be knowledgeable enough to access and download the .mobi, .epub, or other e-file onto their e-reader from a web-link. What (if any) options exist for those whose technical abilities stop at "click to buy now" on Amazon or elsewhere?
Thanks!

I'd suggest that you prepare and upload the ebook in mobi and ePub formats, to Amazon and Smashwords. The book will then be available for purchase from many retailers.

You might start with the ebook FAQs here:

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com
It's not just a question of technical ability. I'm perfectly capable of downloading a file, processing file-conversion, then uploading it to my kindle. BUT almost everything I read on my kindle I one-click buy from Amazon. It's easier and I'm lazy. It's also there in the kindle store and I haven't had to go looking for it on your website.

Why would you put extra hurdles between your customers and your book?

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
You could do both--publish through KDP (and other channels, if you wish) and also have files available for download from your site. Just don't enroll in Select.

JWNelson

JWNelson
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jwnelson.net
Many thanks, Old Hack!

Mr Nelson, I'm afraid I don't think that the "How To Promote Your Book" thread is a good place for you to ask your question, so I'm going to peel your question out of this thread and into one of its own. Hold on a while.
I appreciate the "positivity" at AWC.

JWNelson

JWNelson
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jwnelson.net
Excellent replies/suggestions!

:yesway: I imagine I could just go Amazon Kindle, then quickly schedule a couple days where the price is $0 or .99 cents and then inform my target audience of that offer. As I understand things, I could do the same with the non-Amazon e-retailers like B&N, Apple, and Sony, as long as the price is consistent across platforms.
:Hail: And many thanks to Old Hack for moving this to its own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.