• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for a Lit Fic

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwschizzy

Eviscerate the Proletariat
Registered
Reaction score
Hello. My novel is becoming more and more resemblant of an actual novel. As such, I figured a beta would be a good idea at this stage. It's the first 6,000 words of the ms.

Genre: General Fiction

Plot: A young girl, spurned out of her home, attempts to find meaning on the streets of Paris. Soon forced into prostitution, she learns that the sun does not always find its way to us. As the years pass and life stagnates, she resolves herself to only one goal: escape.

Looking for: Any feedback's appreciated. I'm relatively okay grammar-wise, but any glaring mistakes I would delight to hear of.

I'd be grateful to anyone who wishes to read it. I can also read for you off you'd like. I've never been much of an editor, but I read voraciously, and that should count for something. Thank you.

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds to me more like you're seeking a critique partner. A beta reader goes over a completed and polished work the author feels is ready to submit for publication.

You might consider changing the subject line of your post to reflect what it is you want.

We often find enthusiastic new arrivals don't get much response. The way to change that is to engage with the community. Critique the work of others. Participate in the Novels board and your genre's board. Socialize at whatever non-writing board is of interest to you. Before you know it, you'll have the fifty posts required to post your own work for critique, and friends and friendly acquaintances who'd be happy to help out--especially those you'd helped with your own critique.

Maryn, pleased to meet you

cwschizzy

Eviscerate the Proletariat
Registered
Reaction score
Touché. I'll definitely get started on that. Thanks and lovely to meet you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.