• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

1-3 beta readers needed for short Novella. Mystery/thriller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KemalKinali

Registered
Reaction score
The Flowers on The Devil's Grave.

[FONT=&quot]Left for dead, Ben wrestles with amnesia and blackouts on his search for an unknown assailant.[/FONT]

It's at 22.000 words.

What else do I need to say? Don't know if I'm missing any information. Hopefully someone can help :)

KemalKinali

Registered
Reaction score
There isn't much information so here is the prologue.

[FONT=&quot]Prologue[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] The funeral was a week ago and today, I feel ready. I received my package this morning, so now we can go. My shoulder is still sore. As I make a left-turn to the parking lot, I feel enough pain to make me clench my teeth hard together.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Alex is already inside the graveyard waiting for me, but I have to get the package from the backseat, before I forget it. I take a minute to gather my thoughts, as I enjoy the spring sun before going into that dark place.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Sometimes I still forget things. Mostly unimportant things, but sometimes important things, too. The thing that hurt me the most was when I realized I had forgotten Alex’ eleventh birthday two weeks ago. I found out five days after, when I asked him if we had celebrated him. He said it wasn’t a big deal, but I cried a little that day. What hurt him the most, however, happened three days ago when I had forgotten about everything that had happened in my life in the last year. It took him hours to convince me that Helen wasn’t with us anymore and that I was somewhat sick. He cried as I kept calling Helen’s phone until it finally hit me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] This isn’t my fault. I couldn’t have helped it. My condition is not my fault![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] However, I should’ve realized what I had before she was taken from me. When I wasn’t suffering from these memory leaks and was supposed to know better. Maybe then, things wouldn’t have gone this bad. Maybe I could’ve stopped the devil from taking from me the love of my life.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I don’t really know where to start, but I have to start somewhere, so I’ll start from how, what I remember as a good day, suddenly turned into the worst day of my life and everything started falling apart…[/FONT]

KemalKinali

Registered
Reaction score
Bump!

I've got 1 beta reader so far and possible another one on the way. I would like one more if anyone is interested :)

Status
Not open for further replies.