• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[ePub] eXcessica / Fido Publishing

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Reading their website I thought Excessica did do the formatting? Just not editing or cover art.

Last edited:

Alcasgra

Registered
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience with eXcessica? I have an erotic romance that's not quite incest, but publishers have been telling me that it's a little too damn close. LOL.

Alcasgra

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if they lean toward romantic comedies with high heat levels. Kind of an odd duck.

Hi, triceretops. Not quite sure if the message is directed at me, but if so: Yes, you're right. The publishers I submitted to don't accept incest (which I completely understand), but the manuscript that I was referring to isn't quite incest. Then again, there's one particular scene where the brothers masturbate together. I'm guessing that counts as incest? =))

Also, the brothers tend to be affectionate with each other, but when they have intercourse with a third party, there's nothing sexual happening between the brothers at all. However, the publishers have written back with the advice that the story is way too close to incest. Maybe I'll revise and rewrite parts of it. Either that or I'll see if I can submit through eXcessica. =)

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if they lean toward romantic comedies with high heat levels. Kind of an odd duck.
I get the impression they'd be open to anything of quality along erotic or romance lines and there is Fido for anything else. You have to have your own editing and book cover done though.

They help you go wide by handling distribution for you and protect you from some of Amazon's weird quirks by the sounds of their website. I'm thinking of submitting to them. I think you do need to do a lot of your own promo for them (as you do with anyone really)

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
They are closed to submissions and I didn't see any mention of when they'd open again

Jennifer Robins

paranormal interest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferrobins.com
Fido Publishing

They are closed to submissions and I didn't see any mention of when they'd open again
I've taking two of my books out from Fido and now I see the website had been down for a very long time. I may take the other work I have there back as well. I'm not sure what's going on.

Last edited:

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
I've taking two of my books out from Fido and now I see the website had been down for a very long time. I may take the other work I have there back as well. I'm not sure what's going on.

They seem to be concentrating on other things. It seems like they've had problems from big corporations the usual vilification of erotica. Companies getting in the way of them paying their authors in some way because of them trying to ban erotica. I don't remember the specifics.