AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Translation svcs] Babelcube

practical experience, FTW Graylorne's Avatar

[Translation svcs] Babelcube

Babelcube, translating/publishing platform on shared royalties. Any ideas?

http://www.babelcube.com/more/rights-holders

(NB. Apologies if this isn't the right spot.)

Newest W.i.P.: Scourge of the Wydemere, Wyrms of Pasandir #2

Newest finished works: Shardheld Saga (Dutch version) & Vavaun, Shadow of the Revenaunt & The Road to Kalbakar (Wyrms of Pasandir #1) (expected early Autumn 2016)

http://www.paulhorsman-author.com

Translations through Babelcube, or otherwise.

Hope someone can help here. I posted my self-published book, Sons of Gods, on Babelcube in the hope of finding translators. I've found someone who will translate into Spanish, and I'm happy to go with her. I would get the Babelcube contract looked at by the Society of Authors, but in the meantime, I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with them? Are they legit? Could someone take a look at the contract, especially the royalty rates (page 14) and give a quick initial assessment? Might it be better, now that I have contact with the translator, to go private with her and use our own contract? It seems to me that Babelcube gets 15% of net, just like an agent.
    Perhaps this post is better off in the Bewares and Recommendations forum; if so, please feel free to port!
    OUT NOW!
    The Lost Daughter of India
    Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

Sons of Gods -- the Mahabharata

Website
    Facebook

Do you know what you are? You are a manuscript of a divine letter. You are a mirror reflecting a noble face. This universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you are already that ...
    ~ Rumi