Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adelle

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, better than a bad day, I guess. >.>

So if no father's day, did you guys do anything interesting? :p

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Goof days are infinitely preferable to bad days.

I did very little due to the migraine I got last night - but I did go shopping. Shopping is good for headaches, right? ;)

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
I had a nice weekend doing very little. Love those weekends. I did get some writing done, and listened to my footy team lose -- actually I didn't, cos I turned the radio off well before the siren. Did some washing, brushed the dog, thought about washing the floor, decided against it, was glad I decided against it when brushed dog tramped in with dirty wet paws... :yessmiley ... but even that didn't make up for footy team losing.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
:hi: Hi, Adelle.

Yep. My location states 'Eastern Australia'. :D BF and Ajaye are in Aus too.

fair dinkum

Bloody oath. :D

Goof days are infinitely preferable to bad days.

Also preferable to baf days.

Oooh, nice work on the recliner, Jay. (Also the mattress, but the recliner excites me more). Me and Mr. BF still haven't figured out the new couches/recliners we've been considering since last year!

- - - Updated - - -

I had a nice weekend doing very little. Love those weekends. I did get some writing done, and listened to my footy team lose -- actually I didn't, cos I turned the radio off well before the siren. Did some washing, brushed the dog, thought about washing the floor, decided against it, was glad I decided against it when brushed dog tramped in with dirty wet paws... :yessmiley ... but even that didn't make up for footy team losing.

Ugh. Richmond. *shakes head*

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking of you when I bought the recliner, BF. *g* Mr C tried to get me to go home and think about it a bit, but I said nope, I'd already done the measurements and made sure it would work, so I didn't need to think about it. As it is, it'll be the end of July before I get it.

Bad luck on your team, Ajaye, but excellent strategy to not wash the floor before wet dog tracked in muddy footprints!

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
yep, I'm a strategist (rather than a lazy somethingorother) :)

Adelle

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, be frank! ;)

Sorry to hear about the migraine, Jay. Those always suck.

I got some writing done too, ajaye! Not as much as I wanted... but still. Your day sounds more productive than mine. I played table tops games (think DnD). >.>

Adelle

Registered
Reaction score
lolz - I've totally been mistyping stuff since I wrote goof day (but I catch it before I post) so it's funny you keep bringing it up. xD

And I love working on the weekend! Well, writing, anyway. I like writing. :3

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I constantly mistype words (ginfers, ftw!). It's like my fingers go on autopilot or something. And then today I hand-wrote a note to myself and did the same bloody thing. I should probably at some point check if my brain's okay... :)

And I love working on the weekend! Well, writing, anyway. I like writing. :3

This is an important distinction. :D

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I make typos all the time - I usually correct them before I post, though.

But is writing really working? That is the question, I think. I don't consider writing to be work - it's fun.

- - - Updated - - -

The ginfers are insidious, BF! They will always catch you unawares!

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

Hope your days (or nights for those in Aus) are going well! I'm still trying to wake up! Hopefully my day goes gently. Wound up not getting to sleep till sometime after 2am. *sigh*.

Have a great day (or night / evening)!
Bryan

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Not sleeping until after 2am sounds ghastly, Bryan. I hope you had an easy day after that.

I am awake and more with it than I was yesterday, so hopefully words will happen today.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not sleeping until after 2am sounds ghastly, Bryan. I hope you had an easy day after that.

it wasn't terribly pleasant, but fortunately I did get enough sleep to be moderately functional today. Just not the way I wanted to start my work day or week for that matter (and still better than last week when a Cluster headache episode kept me up until 5am).

I am awake and more with it than I was yesterday, so hopefully words will happen today.

*YAY*! What are you working on? For me its interesting. It doesn't matter how awake I am, it is more about how talkative my characters are! They keep an eye on my health too <snicker>. When I'm tired, unless it is something *really* important, they tend to tell me to relax. Though for as much as I dragged last week because of last Sunday, they still chatted me up to the tune of 6,250 words for the week.

Hope the words flowed for you today!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, you have my sympathies for the cluster headache. :Hug2: I researched them for a story I was writing a few years back. Those suckers are NASTY.

That's a great word tally for the week! When I'm really tired/falling asleep, my characters tend to do a lot of sleeping too. *g* I'm currently working on a fantasy story with an elven half-breed assassin. :D

What sort of stories do you write?

Status
Not open for further replies.