Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume V)

Lefties are always right. Southpaw's Avatar
    Morning Jay!
    My Cookie Tray e-cookbook is FREE @Smashwords now! Over 150 cookie recipes, over 30 brownie and blondie recipes, and over 30 candy recipes. https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/293058

I write urban fantasy. I refused to believe it's an oversaturated market. (For the record, that's a werehermitcrab.)
    ▪▪ Website ▪▪ Twitter ▪▪

not lurking so much anymore Jaymz Connelly's Avatar
    Hey, Southy! How's it going?

Procrastinator Extraordinaire Lillian_Blaire's Avatar
    Hey, Jay!!

How are you?

Yep, tried Nexcare bandages. Tried paper tape, tried everything. Nothing works.

AC cetainly is having fun at my expense today.

Yeah, I'm bummed about the tattoo. These things happen, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymz Connelly View Post
    I don't know that anyone could fill Lil's stilettos in her absence. She's very special and unique.
    Lil is just full of of sweetness and love, with a side of raunchy innuendo. That never hurt anyone! - Jaymz
    Tell that to the guy(s) manacled in her basement... - be frank

We finally have a great warmish day! No jacket required, so I'm doing pretty good.
    My Cookie Tray e-cookbook is FREE @Smashwords now! Over 150 cookie recipes, over 30 brownie and blondie recipes, and over 30 candy recipes. https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/293058

I write urban fantasy. I refused to believe it's an oversaturated market. (For the record, that's a werehermitcrab.)
    ▪▪ Website ▪▪ Twitter ▪▪

Hey, Lil! I'm doing good, all things considered. Thanks!

That sucks that nothing works. What do you do if you cut yourself? Just... bleed all over the place?

Yep. Sometimes shit happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    We finally have a great warmish day! No jacket required, so I'm doing pretty good.
    Awesome!
    You and Phil Collins, eh?

Jay. I wrap gauze around the wound and then secure the gauze to itself with medical tape. If possible.

Or yeah, bleed everywhere.

After surgery last April, I had four incisions that were closed with "butterfly" bandages. I could not remove them (they would fall off once the wound had healed). Worst. Thing. EVER!!
    I don't know that anyone could fill Lil's stilettos in her absence. She's very special and unique.
    Lil is just full of of sweetness and love, with a side of raunchy innuendo. That never hurt anyone! - Jaymz

The worst are Opsite and other surgical dressings. I usually warn people they're signing up for a free Brazilian waxing at the end.

I'm not familiar with that one. Thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian_Blaire View Post
    Jay. I wrap gauze around the wound and then secure the gauze to itself with medical tape. If possible.

After surgery last April, I had four incisions that were closed with "butterfly" bandages. I could not remove them (they would fall off once the wound had healed). Worst. Thing. EVER!!
    Ugh! That sounds like no fun at all.

When I was in the hospital last year, I had to negotiate with the nursing staff for them to allow ME to take the dressings around the IV line off myself. I had them snip the dressing so they could remove the line, and then I carefully got the dressing off my skin by myself - otherwise my arm would have been a hell of a mess.

Hey, Lil! I'm doing good, all things considered. Thanks!

That sucks that nothing works. What do you do if you cut yourself? Just... bleed all over the place?

Yep. Sometimes shit happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome!
    You and Phil Collins, eh?
    Sure enough.

Ewww. Staples? (kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by Albedo View Post
    The worst are Opsite and other surgical dressings. I usually warn people they're signing up for a free Brazilian waxing at the end.
    Um, ow.

▪▪ Website ▪▪ Twitter ▪▪

Ugh! That sounds like no fun at all.

When I was in the hospital last year, I had to negotiate with the nursing staff for them to allow ME to take the dressings around the IV line off myself. I had them snip the dressing so they could remove the line, and then I carefully got the dressing off my skin by myself - otherwise my arm would have been a hell of a mess.
    I had special signs in my room and on my ID bracelet and a big sticker on my gown so they wouldn't put anything adhesive on my while I was unconscious after surgery. Lol

I had special signs in my room and on my ID bracelet and a big sticker on my gown so they wouldn't put anything adhesive on my while I was unconscious after surgery. Lol
    That's a really good idea.

I'm off to the grocery store. Back soon-ish.

Good evening, reppers. The first day of spring was certainly a busy one for me. I'm beat and sore!

Lil - sorry to hear about your son's breakup. Trust me, I know all too well how much they suck. The best way I dealt with it was to distract myself with socializing, but everyone is different. Also, sorry about the cancelled tat appointment. I really want to see the finished product.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

"Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence." - Hal Borland

Hi, LadyV. Thanks so much.

I'm back! Boy, is it humid out there.

LadyV - I feel your pain. When you work with plants, spring is always uber-busy!

Hey, you're back! I'm still here....

Cool!

How's the writing going?

Awesome! Plus I got a new office chair today so I'll be more comfy while I write.

Awesome! Plus I got a new office chair today so I'll be more comfy while I write.
    Is very jealous. I so need a new chair for my desk. Soon. I've been promised. Soon, I can have a new chair!

Great to hear that you're doing awesome with the writing too!

I'm on my last scene with the UF. Hoping to get it finished today. Then I'll let it rest for a few days before going over the whole thing once prior to sending it to my lovely beta.

Did my exercise today too! Just about to go up on the treadmill for a bit. How's your exercising going?

Um. Does eating count as exercise?

Maybe I'll do something before bed? Dunno.

Congrats on the writing!

LOL No, I don't think eating counts as exercise.

I do my 'floor' exercises as soon as I get up, because I know if it put it off until later, I won't do it. Also, I can't exercise after I've eaten cause it makes me want to puke. I try to treadmill before I have lunch.

Thanks! We'll see if I actually get it finished today - I am making dinner today too.

Let me check in my book... yes it does.

Um. Does eating count as exercise?

Congrats on the writers writing. My creative brain is still in stuck mode, so I've been editing a non-fiction piece.

▪▪ Website ▪▪ Twitter ▪▪

LOL No, I don't think eating counts as exercise.
    Agree to disagree...

- I am making dinner today too.
    Oo, oo, me too. Quite late here, but ya know, it happens.

▪▪ Website ▪▪ Twitter ▪▪

Editing is good too. Keeps the brain thinking words.

I gotta have my dinner by 6pm at the latest, or I don't eat.

Page 859 of 1011 FirstFirst ... 109359609759784809834849853854855856857858859860861862863864865869884909934959 ... LastLast