Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

remister

Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

41 here.

Dying.

Will be 30 at midnight. Back to 40+ tomorrow :cry:
W

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
OTOH (ha!) if I do chop off my fingers, it'll get me out of work tomorrow. Hmmm...

Not worth it. You'd be without your fingers for more than tomorrow. If you really want to get off work tomorrow... a sudden bout of gastro will do it. :evil

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Still here. I really do need to stand up and make dinner. #can't be arsed

:hi:

41 here.

Dying.

Will be 30 at midnight. Back to 40+ tomorrow :cry:
W

Hi, reg! :hi: Same temp here, but we're supposed to have a cool change coming through at some point tonight. I know a whole lot of tennis players who'll be very happy about that!

Hey, Reg. :hi:

Ugh. Yeah. It's a stinker today. Our overnight low is 26. Bleh.

I prescribe ice cream.

Mr. BF and I have already agreed that tonight is a Magnum night. Now we just need to decide between mint and double choc.

Not worth it. You'd be without your fingers for more than tomorrow. If you really want to get off work tomorrow... a sudden bout of gastro will do it. :evil

I've had gastro. Is it wrong that I'd kinda prefer to lose a finger?

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't say you should actually get gastro, BF. Just, you know... it's easier to recover from than actually losing your fingers. ;)

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I am professionally qualified to say that yes, my preference for lost fingers is somewhat short sighted. :D

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
That is an excellent plan. We've just had a (mini) Magnum, which was rather delicious.

When you read this later, Lil: Get your mind out of the gutter!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Man. I used to use excel spreadsheets all the time for work. You'd think I'd be able to figure out how to create one for a timeline for the story I'm planning. It's just making no sense at all. :rant:

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I'm tempted to disagree with my correction above to say that sometimes coffee is the best thing, but this is easily solved with coffee ice cream. It's the best of both worlds!

:D

eta: I'm never brave enough to make spreadsheets at home. Mr. BF's go into the millions (both columns and rows). I'm not even a rank amateur in comparison. If I did a timeline, I'd be going old school typed out in a Word doc.

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Coffee ice cream is nice, but you haven't lived until you've had a Coffee Crisp! (Canadian chocolate bar) Man, I miss those.

Oh wow. Yeah, I was not what you'd call an expert with spreadsheets, but I could create them and use them. I think I need to rethink how I'm organizing this... or what I'm putting in each cell or something! Because right now it's just a dog's breakfast. *sigh*

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I'm trying to remember if I've ever had a Coffee Crisp in Canada. Hmm, I don't think I have. *adds it to the list* I'm a big fan of Peppermint Crisps though.

The only sheets I spread these days are when I make our bed. Honestly, most days it ends up looking like a dog's breakfast too. :D

Meanwhile, I'm watching the Aus Open. Karlovic vs Zeballos is currently at 19-18 in the fifth. Wowza.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
It's got a yellow wrapper. *g* I don't know Peppermint Crisps. Peppermint Pattie, yes, Peppermint Crisp, no. (not really a big fan of peppermint)

LOL

Um.... good? *knows absolutely nothing at all about tennis other than it's played with a racquet*

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Hi, Clam. :hi:

Whelp. Karlovic has finally won, 22-20 in the fifth. I won't bother explaining tennis scoring, Jaymz, but suffice to say that's ridiculously long. The match went for 5 hours and 15 minutes!

But the best call of the Open went to a tweet yesterday. Stan Wawrinka smashed a ball at very close range right into his opponents, um, groinal area. Someone instantly tweeted: "New balls, please." :ROFL:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Clam. :hi:

Whelp. Karlovic has finally won, 22-20 in the fifth. I won't bother explaining tennis scoring, Jaymz, but suffice to say that's ridiculously long. The match went for 5 hours and 15 minutes!

But the best call of the Open went to a tweet yesterday. Stan Wawrinka smashed a ball at very close range right into his opponents, um, groinal area. Someone instantly tweeted: "New balls, please." :ROFL:

That's an insane length for a match of any sort!

:ROFL: Even someone who knows nothing about tennis can appreciate that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.