Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Jay!!

How are you?

Yep, tried Nexcare bandages. Tried paper tape, tried everything. Nothing works.

AC cetainly is having fun at my expense today.

Yeah, I'm bummed about the tattoo. These things happen, I guess.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Lil! I'm doing good, all things considered. Thanks!

That sucks that nothing works. :( What do you do if you cut yourself? Just... bleed all over the place?

Yep. Sometimes shit happens.

- - - Updated - - -

We finally have a great warmish day! No jacket required, so I'm doing pretty good.

Awesome!
You and Phil Collins, eh? :D

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Jay. I wrap gauze around the wound and then secure the gauze to itself with medical tape. If possible.

Or yeah, bleed everywhere.

After surgery last April, I had four incisions that were closed with "butterfly" bandages. I could not remove them (they would fall off once the wound had healed). Worst. Thing. EVER!!

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
The worst are Opsite and other surgical dressings. I usually warn people they're signing up for a free Brazilian waxing at the end.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Jay. I wrap gauze around the wound and then secure the gauze to itself with medical tape. If possible.

After surgery last April, I had four incisions that were closed with "butterfly" bandages. I could not remove them (they would fall off once the wound had healed). Worst. Thing. EVER!!

Ugh! That sounds like no fun at all.

When I was in the hospital last year, I had to negotiate with the nursing staff for them to allow ME to take the dressings around the IV line off myself. I had them snip the dressing so they could remove the line, and then I carefully got the dressing off my skin by myself - otherwise my arm would have been a hell of a mess.

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Lil! I'm doing good, all things considered. Thanks!

That sucks that nothing works. :( What do you do if you cut yourself? Just... bleed all over the place?

Yep. Sometimes shit happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome!
You and Phil Collins, eh? :D

Sure enough.

Ewww. Staples? (kidding)

The worst are Opsite and other surgical dressings. I usually warn people they're signing up for a free Brazilian waxing at the end.

Um, ow.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh! That sounds like no fun at all.

When I was in the hospital last year, I had to negotiate with the nursing staff for them to allow ME to take the dressings around the IV line off myself. I had them snip the dressing so they could remove the line, and then I carefully got the dressing off my skin by myself - otherwise my arm would have been a hell of a mess.
I had special signs in my room and on my ID bracelet and a big sticker on my gown so they wouldn't put anything adhesive on my while I was unconscious after surgery. Lol

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, reppers. The first day of spring was certainly a busy one for me. I'm beat and sore!

Lil - sorry to hear about your son's breakup. Trust me, I know all too well how much they suck. The best way I dealt with it was to distract myself with socializing, but everyone is different. Also, sorry about the cancelled tat appointment. I really want to see the finished product.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I'm back! Boy, is it humid out there.

LadyV - I feel your pain. When you work with plants, spring is always uber-busy!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome! Plus I got a new office chair today so I'll be more comfy while I write.

Is very jealous. I so need a new chair for my desk. Soon. I've been promised. Soon, I can have a new chair!

Great to hear that you're doing awesome with the writing too!

I'm on my last scene with the UF. Hoping to get it finished today. Then I'll let it rest for a few days before going over the whole thing once prior to sending it to my lovely beta.

Did my exercise today too! Just about to go up on the treadmill for a bit. How's your exercising going?

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
LOL No, I don't think eating counts as exercise.

I do my 'floor' exercises as soon as I get up, because I know if it put it off until later, I won't do it. Also, I can't exercise after I've eaten cause it makes me want to puke. I try to treadmill before I have lunch.

Thanks! We'll see if I actually get it finished today - I am making dinner today too.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Editing is good too. Keeps the brain thinking words. :D

I gotta have my dinner by 6pm at the latest, or I don't eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.