Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lil' we posted at the same time! Or close enough. That's must a sign of something good, right? Good day, great food...

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Jay. I've been struggling with a migraine all day so I'm in and out. Right now I'm awake, but nauseous, wishing SOMETHING I look would do the trick. But no luck.

I hope you're doing okay. I'll check in again later.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you're battling a migraine, Lil. I hope it goes away very soon! *gentle :Hug2:*

Aside from waking up waaaaay earlier than I wanted to, I'm doing good.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, reppers. My mom took the two neighbor boys she babysits to the movies to see Power Rangers, so I decided to tag along. I was crazy about that show as a kid. The movie wasn't half bad. It was actually fairly entertaining and fun.

Southpaw

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals!

Glad to heat the Power Rangers wasn't half bad!

'Lil, I totally feel for you. I suffered from migraines for years, then they just stopped. I still dunno why, but I'm grateful. Take care.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Good to hear you had a good time at the movies, LadyV.

Hey, Southy.

I was hoping my migraines would stop when I went through menopause, but no such luck. I don't get them as often anymore, but I still get them.

Southpaw

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've read most migraines are brought on by a reaction to a food. I tried to keep a diary to figure out the trigger, but I think it was more than one. What seemed to help me the most was moving across the country. It was a surprise, but a pleasant one.

I did learn to feel them coming on and quickly grabbed my eye compress (eucalyptus scented or lavender scented) and lock myself away from everyone. It helped a lot.

However, one memorable migraine came on so fast and furious that I started vomiting—over and over and over—in a park with kids everywhere. I couldn't move, just dropped to the grass, and continued puking. Lovely. Embarassing. And as you can guess, that all just make the head hurt worse.

Anywho, I understand and completely feel for migraine sufferers. They are incapacitating and suck big time.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, that sounds horrendous!

Mine are usually caused by stress. Reduce my stress, and I get less of them. :D I'm fortunate in that I get a lovely 'aura' about half an hour before the pain starts. The faster I can recognize the aura and take something, the less pain I have to deal with.

Just as an aside, one whiff of lavender will give me a migraine within about 10 minutes. People say lavender is good for headaches, I say, yeah, but who wants a headache? *g*

Yeah, quiet, dark room is the best when you have one.

Southpaw

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welp, I'm going to watch an oldish movie. Anyone remember Night Shift with Henry Winkler? I remember thinking it was funny when I was a first saw it. I'm hoping I still think it is. If nothing else with will be a blast from the past.

Night all.

Southpaw

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, that sounds horrendous! It was--I still get tease about it. It's all in fun and kindness, and I don't mind because--did I mention it was at a birthday party?

Mine are usually caused by stress. Reduce my stress, and I get less of them. :D I'm fortunate in that I get a lovely 'aura' about half an hour before the pain starts. The faster I can recognize the aura and take something, the less pain I have to deal with.

Just as an aside, one whiff of lavender will give me a migraine within about 10 minutes. People say lavender is good for headaches, I say, yeah, but who wants a headache? *g* :ROFL:

Yeah, quiet, dark room is the best when you have one.

Yes, the scent can make it worse for some or even bring one on. :( They were so frequent for a while I could gage what would make it worse and what would help. Too bad that intutiveness didn't help BEFORE I got the headache! :tongue

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, that makes it even more 'awesome' that it was at a birthday party! *g*

Wouldn't it be nice if we knew when they were going to hit so we could be prepared? :)

Enjoy the movie! I hope it's as good as you remember it being.

I'm off to do my treadmilling for today. :D

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
:hi:

Dunno if anyone's still around. Boo for migraines.

I used to get them in my teens. It took for me to study optometry to realize they were caused by a lack of oxygen to my eyes because of my permanent contacts. Switched to better breathing disposables ... no migraines since. Most are harder to find a cause for than that! But yeah -- a dark, quiet room is the way to go.

It was 30 degrees and bright sunshine here at 11:00am, but very, very windy (not as windy as QLD though. Hope you're okay up there, Helix). In the last twenty minutes (it's now 3:00pm), the temp plummeted by half and we have pelting rain. Still windy though!

I think the season just changed!

Basically, it is a dark and stormy night day here right now. :D

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, BF. :hi:

Wow, that's a wild reason for migraines. I'm glad you figured it out and were able to do something to stop the migraines.

Yes, I've been thinking about Helix and hoping she's all right.

Sounds like you went from summer to winter, bypassing autumn completely. *g*

We've got lovely sunshine and warm weather here. Supposed to rain on Thursday, though.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Funniest thing with my migraines (insofar as anything can be funny about migraines) is I used to get them after wearing the contacts for X hours each week. I only used to wear them to school (not on weekends) which meant I'd get one every Friday, mid-afternoon, at almost exactly the same time. I'm pretty sure my year 11 maths teacher thought I was just trying to get out of his class every week!

Wow, it is bucketing here right now. My garden must be getting a damn good soaking. Or possibly a flooding...

How was your treadmilling?

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Poor maths teacher was probably getting a complex. *g*

I hope you won't have to deal with flooding!

Treadmilling was... well, it happened. *g* I managed to get my speed up to 3mph, so that's an improvement.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
It's the pace I walk when I'm about as fit as I ever get. :D I've been trying to get back to it for the past year.

I used to be a very fast walker before Horace decided to invade my life.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, you and me both!

But I am determined to get as fit as I possibly can. I'll never get rid of the cough, but if I get fit, I could probably deal with it a bit better.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Do you keep yourself entertained while you walk? I used to either listen to music, read a book, or watch DVDs (with subtitles on, because the treadmill's too loud to hear over :)). The distraction definitely helps IME.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Lately I've just been entertaining myself with my thoughts. *g* But for a while there I'd listen to music. I have a fancy treadmill where i can plug my music device into it and the sound will come out the speakers - not that I use it. I just use my earbuds. Also, my treadmill is positioned so I can look out one of the bedroom windows, so I can always watch the cars driving down the street. *g*

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I should point out, I'm only doing 15 minutes on the treadmill at the moment. When I get back up to 30 minutes, I'm sure I'll want some sort of distraction other than my own thoughts.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
You might find a distraction will up your time by default. "Watch one episode" makes the exercise pass faster. :D

These days, I usually nut out plot points while I run. It's not quite as successful a method as my shower seems to be, but more often than not I solve at least one WIP niggle.

Right -- big decision for tonight. Greek salad or pho?

Status
Not open for further replies.