Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Hello, lovelies.

BF....I love you because you never miss a joke. Or rarely. Even ones no else notices.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not an addict. I don't have a problem.

Hiya, Lil. How was the film? (Which did you see?)

I only miss jokes if I haven't read back. I think. Not that I'd know if I'd missed others, by virtue of, well, missing them. Unknown unknowns or what have you.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
And then a few minutes later, you were over 10K, right?

Sheep Stalkers Anonymous? :D
First, my sheep stalking days are over. I learned my lessons and have moved on to stalking zebra.

Also, funny thing, I was reading old posts and on Oct 31st (Halloween), Pepper congratulated me on reaching 3K posts. Haha

Last edited:

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
(Well, you noticed the Baubles joke!)

I saw Split. Outstanding, Oscar-worthy performance by James McAvoy. I enjoyed the movie--very good if you're into suspense/thrillers.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
First, my sheep stalking days are over. I learned my lessons and have moved on to stalking zebra.

You need a safari suit to do that properly. What shoes would you match with that outfit?

Also, funny thing, I was reading old posts and on Oct 31st (Halloween), Pepper congratulated me on reaching 3K posts. Haha

:ROFL:

Yeah. And you call me the freak.

(Well, you noticed the Baubles joke!)

Of course I did! I proabably would've gone with "Chief Bauble Inspector", but that's just me. :)

I saw Split. Outstanding, Oscar-worthy performance by James McAvoy. I enjoyed the movie--very good if you're into suspense/thrillers.

Did M. Night do something decent, or did McAvoy elevate it? The graphic for that movie (the word "Split") confused me when I first saw it, coz there's a YA book of the same name with an almost identical graphic. I actually Googled the film to see if it was an adaptation (it is not).

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
It was a good movie AND his performance elevated it.

I couldn't decide between Head, Chief of Senior. I went with Head because of those bauble-head toys. Just seemed funnier to me. And...you saw my location?? :roll:

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody around? :hi:

They just played 'Superfreak' on the radio and I thought of you straight away, Lil. I think that must be your theme song. :D

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
:hi:

Still trying to wurdz. Getting there, slowly.

There's a concert in the park across the road from us going on. We spent the afternoon listening to rehearsals. They have it every year, and we can hear it perfectly with our back doors open (my sister asked if we wanted to join them at the park tonight, and we were all, "Why would we bother? We have a private concert at our house right now"). This year is a Beatles tribute band and they're actually really decent. (In the past we've had Kate Cebrano and The Whitlams).

Superfreak is totally Lil's theme.

And she would very much like my house right now, being The Beatles fan she is. :)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, BF. :hi:

It's frustrating when the wurdz come so slowly, eh?

That concert sounds great! And yeah, why would you want to go to the park when you can enjoy the music from the comfort of your own lounge room?

I will never be able to listen to Superfreak ever again without thinking of Lil. *g*

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I will never be able to listen to Superfreak ever again without thinking of Lil. *g*

Well, FWIW, I'm eating some (pricey but super-delicious) cherries right now, and I doubt I'll be able to eat cherries again without thinking of you. :D

It's frustrating when the wurdz come so slowly, eh?

That concert sounds great! And yeah, why would you want to go to the park when you can enjoy the music from the comfort of your own lounge room?

I'm fine with the words coming slowly (I'm used to it), so long as they're coming at all. I'm still (yes, still!) working on that troublesome chapter I found a fix for the other week. It's like pulling teeth to write, but it's almost done now and I don't think the teeth-pullingness shows. I'm actually really happy with where it's at. (And it's almost done now, I think!)

And yes, comfort of house + amenities + comfy couch + cherries + PJs + music beats sitting in the park with hundreds of other people in my book. I'm a serious homebody. (Thankfully, so is Mr. BF).

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Well, FWIW, I'm eating some (pricey but super-delicious) cherries right now, and I doubt I'll be able to eat cherries again without thinking of you. :D

There are much worse things to be thought of in conjunction with. :eek: And...mmmmm, cherries!

I'm fine with the words coming slowly (I'm used to it), so long as they're coming at all. I'm still (yes, still!) working on that troublesome chapter I found a fix for the other week. It's like pulling teeth to write, but it's almost done now and I don't think the teeth-pullingness shows. I'm actually really happy with where it's at. (And it's almost done now, I think!)

That's good that you're not getting really frustrated with the words coming slowly. And woo hoo for getting close to finishing the troublesome chapter!

And yes, comfort of house + amenities + comfy couch + cherries + PJs + music beats sitting in the park with hundreds of other people in my book. I'm a serious homebody. (Thankfully, so is Mr. BF).

Yep, I would much prefer that too. I like our place because we don't have to go any further than our deck to watch the fireworks on New Year's Eve. I've always said I should be royalty so places could be cleared of crowds when I want to visit them.:roll: I really dislike crowds.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
That's good that you're not getting really frustrated with the words coming slowly. And woo hoo for getting close to finishing the troublesome chapter!

If I got frustrated with slow wordage, I would've either pulled out all my hair or stopped writing years ago. If nothing else, I've learned that while I can force the words to come faster, they're inevitably shite and end up getting scrapped in the end anyway. I'm better off writing at my own pace -- unrushed and of decent quality. When the words are ready to come, they come.

It's just a matter of making the most of it when they do come (like tonight ... which is why I'm only popping in sporadically. :))

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
That is very sensible. I usually push myself... and end up writing shite that needs to be heavily revised. You'd think I'd learn, but apparently I'm a slow learner. :rolleyes:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Rai. :hi: Yep, as long as you're getting words, that's the important thing!

I'm currently taking a break having just finished my latest 'masterpiece'. Clearing the head, sort of, before I start my next mess. :D

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
They just played 'Superfreak' on the radio and I thought of you straight away, Lil. I think that must be your theme song. :D
No! We clearly established that BF was the freak. Didn't we?

Good morning, guys. It's 6:30 am on a Saturday. I shouldn't be awake but there's a huge storm rolling through, and I can't sleep through the sound of it.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I think you both are. But lovable freaks. :D

Lil, if you've got a storm going on... what are you doing online?

And after that safety announcement... I'm going to bed. :roll:

Good night you lovable freaks... and good night to you too, Rai!

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
:e2cry:

LOL.

:D

The Beatleness finished about an hour ago, but the concert went for about 3 hours all up (+1 hour of the warm up act). They were really quite good, though it eventually got so loud we had to close the doors to muffle them a bit.

eta: 'Night, Jaymz.

eta 2: At some point, I'm so gonna find an excuse to write, "Home, Jaymz." :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.