Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Wednesday, Your Majesty.

Good Wednesday, dear Royals.

Well, my cardiologist was much nicer to me yesterday than he was the first time we met. Apparently his assumption of patients is they don't know what they are talking about until he confirms it with medical records. First words out of his mouth yesterday after greeting me was, "You were right." Duh. lol!

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Duchess, I'm sure you've heard that a lot in your life.

Your King woke up to find an e-mail in his inbox telling him he has made the final shortlist for an anthology that actually pays money, and that he'll find out next week if he makes the final ToC.

Good news was badly needed today.

Welcheren

Picking up tools, honing edges
Registered
Reaction score
:e2woo:

Good news! Congratulations Great King. Will keep my fingers crossed.

And congratulations Grand Duchess. Finally someone discovers your integrity.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. :)

King Ted, you use terminology that leaves me guessing. But if I have guessed correctly, congrats and I hope you get included in it! :)

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm sorry...ToC is Table of Contents. Anymore, a lot of anthologies won't tell you that you've made it, they just send you the ToC and you look to see if your name is on it.

I also got an e-mail from PBS Create. I didn't make it. I wasn't even close. I went up against some seriously polished people.

threads

Leaning In, Falling Over
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations King Ted, that is deeply exciting! I also understand that PBS create is ridiculously tough. (Have a friend who tried.)

And that's great news Ambrosia but so frustrating. Doctors who don't listen to patients (particularly female patients ) has become one of my personal soapbox issues over the past few years l

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Thursday, Your Majesty.

Good Thursday, dear Royals.

Yesterday I had acute tendonitis in my left elbow. It was so painful a couple times it literally almost brought me to my knees. (Within a few inches of the floor.) I had a chiro appt and even though he wasn't authorized to do anything with it, he snuck in an electrical stems treatment and iced it for me. What he didn't do is anything else for my neck or back. Sure, I was in so much pain from the elbow it would have been difficult, but I found out after they had me hooked up to the machine that it was my last day. I had used all of the days allotted by the VA and have to go back to my dr and request more. Which, of course, may or may not be granted. I should have cancelled my appt yesterday and gone another day. If I would have known it was my last treatment, I would have. Because--back and neck. :(

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ambrosia, I"m sorry you're in such pain. It says a lot about our health care system when doctors are sneaking treatment to patients. I hope they find a resolution.

Today is my Friday. I was woken early by the neighbors upstairs fighting. Again. And I'm not the only one woken up. The landlord has been informed and he'll do something. We all work in this building and waking folks up is bad news.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry you were woken up by fighting. I was, too. Only of an animal kind. A cat and something else. Both my dog and I were pissy about it for a while. :greenie

threads

Leaning In, Falling Over
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon royals.

I've been out shopping for office clothes all afternoon, which is not my favorite activity, to say the least.

The exciting news is that I got a poem accepted into a poetry journal! It will be my very first published piece, so I'm excited

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Hope you're feeling much better Ambrosia. I am so sorry that all that happened to you.

Congratulations Princess Threads. What splendid news.

King Ted, a humble gift to ease travel around your kingdom:

functional-rick-and-morty-portal-gun-prop-mk-2-by-doomsdaywombats

Zealand5

Registered
Reaction score
My king
Fellow Royals!
I just finished my first exam, one more to go! However, I have altered my study schedule in such a way that this weekend is free for my sister's wedding. It should be a grand affair. I hope everyone is doing well. Strangely I find myself missing all of you and salivating over gluten free caramel ice cream I hope my king has stashed somewhere.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Friday, your Majesty.

Good Friday, dear Royals.

We miss you when you are away, too, Princess Zealand. Have fun at the wedding and good luck on your exams!

threads

Leaning In, Falling Over
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the congratulations! It's funny, they rejected th two pieces I thought were best and accepted the one which I thought was the least strong, so go figure ;p

Congrats on finishing your exam princess Zealand! I hope your sister's wedding is marvelous.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Very happy to hear you enjoyed some Zs, Sire. Enjoy your day off. Hope you have splendid weather over there. It's freezing old down here.. and time for bed. It's already 20 minutes past midnight for me. Nighty night.