bannedbooks

Read a Banned Book

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/ Beanie5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cooeedownunder View Post
    Is this the count that counts? Just curious, because elsewhere I've heard of a count, that counts, and I wonder if it is the same counting count.
    You can count on the count your majesty , when i first met him I was checking the bats in the belfry,and I thought he was just another of those fly by night characters, but he is gentleman to the core your majestey and other than having a fondness for bats is an admirable fellow

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah Komnena's Avatar
    Woodford Reserve is Kentucky bourbon, which my state exports in great amounts.
    Komnena
    nano messterpiece 1707 words

Grateful for the day cooeedownunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanie5 View Post
    You can count on the count your majesty , when i first met him I was checking the bats in the belfry,and I thought he was just another of those fly by night characters, but he is gentleman to the core your majestey and other than having a fondness for bats is an admirable fellow
    Good, then I shall take that Woodford Bourbon and have a few drinks before I retire.
    SR

Help raise awareness for my missing sister, Tracey, by joining her facebook page - A Missing Person

FACEBOOK Blog Goodreads
    ------------------------------------

A Woman Transported Kindle

Unforgivable Kindle

Quote Originally Posted by Komnena View Post
    Then you must order crates of it. It is sure to help out the state, Kentucky, I imagine, or is the maker the great Colonel Sanders. I do love Kentucky Fried Chicken too
    SR

Help raise awareness for my missing sister, Tracey, by joining her facebook page - A Missing Person

FACEBOOK Blog Goodreads

Unforgivable Kindle

Quote Originally Posted by Komnena View Post
    I've just had a thought. I have lots of thoughts. I think a lot. I think you should be, will be, head of my cellar. My cellar overseer.

Feel free to delegate to ensure the cellar is stocked at all times.

A new wine a day would be nice, or even better liqueur. I like spirits flavoured with fruit and creams. Something better than Baily's. I do love Baily's, but maybe I need a new favourite drink.

And also Prince Beanie, please make sure Ex-Majesty, Ted, doesn't steal from the cellars to make his pickles and jams. Well, he can have a few glasses, but not bottle after bottle.

We need to look after the coffers. The exchequer is a little low.
    Last edited by cooeedownunder; 07-17-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    SR

FACEBOOK Blog Goodreads

Unforgivable Kindle

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/ Beanie5's Avatar
    Yes your Majestey I have done some reconoitering ; If you put Prince Ted in charge of the royal Kitchen not only will you have a banquet fit for a Queen ,I mean befitting you your majestey but keep him happy an busy so he won't come within cooooee of cooing you
    Last edited by Beanie5; 07-17-2017 at 04:33 PM.

And Duchess Ambrosia, please accept the role of my Mistress of the Robe as Iím aware you have the ability to keep all the mistresses and younger princess and old dagwagers in line
    That makes me your left-hand woman, Your Majesty? As you wish. I am here but to serve.

Komnena, thank you. I donít mind a wine or is a Woodford something stronger? Either way it wonít go to waist well actually that is exactly where it is likely to go. I would also like to bestow on you some magnificent gift or title. I am unsure if you have a title?
    She is Princess Komnena, Your Majesty.

Iíve heard of a Prince welcheren, LadyV, Duchessmary plus some magical person who wiggles their nose to make things happen or disappear or to poison etcetera. I need someone who can poison, make potions, and that kind of thing. It would please me to meet you all in person and every body at court.
    Everyone you have mentioned is a prince or princess of the Realm, Your Majesty. Prince Beanie also has a longing to hold the title "knight", although knight is quite below prince so I do not understand this longing. Btw, I know where Sir Brad roams. I will make him aware of your ascension to the throne.

Prince Welcheren also is the castle alchemist. He has a shed outside of the castle proper where he works so when it explodes he needs privacy, there are no consequences. He makes the best potions. (Though sometimes the potions don't taste so great.)

Princess Wicked is our dungeon mistress. She has been away for quite a while. I will send a message and see if she is able to attend you this week or not.

Princess Lillian twitches her nose. Although she might have some poison on her (one never knows with her), she is mostly a useful acquirer of things formally belonging to others. You just need to make sure the things she acquires are not yours.

Tomorrow I would like to meet those in residence at Court including any un-titled of the Kingdom at breakfast, please.
    It would help those of us moving through portals to know when this breakfast will take place, Your Majesty. If Your court had an A.R.o.R.L.* time, perhaps there would be a greater attendance.

* Alternate Reality of Real Life

I didn't want to say it aloud, but I need another right-hand man, just in case Ted the man, gets out of hand. I would use a knight, but I have lost my knight, and knighting you can't make you my knight, I don't think, because you are already a Prince of the Realm. I need someone who will catch and report all the intrigues that goes on at court that I can't see while I sleep, because sleep is good, and I like to be good.
    Your Majesty, during your last reign, you knighted Prince Brad. You do have the power to knight Prince Beanie, if it so please you.

An aside, if you will, Your Majesty? Although I can't fault your desire for another man on your right-hand (because they can be oh so useful), during one of my numerous reigns I installed a surveillance system throughout the castle. It covers every square inch of the castle, except for the current monarch's quarters, of course. I review the security tapes every morning. I will gladly give you the code to the door so you can use the room, if you wish. I keep a coffee maker just for the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Welcheren View Post
    On a different note, I don't know how many of the Royals have heard that South Africa's Garden Route has suffered a major forest fire.

During my recent sojourn away from court, I had some time to stroll through the charred woods. The ground was literally black, as were the stalks of trees that had once made an almost impassible wood. Quite an experience.
    Oh that must have been heartbreaking, Prince Welcheren. I am so sorry.

Procrastinator Extraordinaire Lillian_Blaire's Avatar
    *walks slowly into court, pushing a wheelbarrow full of gold and silver jewels, dishes, fabrics, and sundry items*

All Hail Queen Cooee!

*empties wheelbarrow at the foot of the throne, curtsies deep*

Your highness, a few gifts to celebrate your reign. I have, er,...acquired them along my journey through the kingdoms far and wide. Should anyone come seeking them, you and I have never met.

On a serious note, I'm so sorry, Prince Welcheren. I'm sure that was quite a devastating sight to behold.

*tosses flowers at the Queens feet*

Good day to you all. I go back to wandering. Also, if you're missing your wallets, it wasn't me.
    Last edited by Lillian_Blaire; 07-17-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymz Connelly View Post
    I don't know that anyone could fill Lil's stilettos in her absence. She's very special and unique.
    Lil is just full of of sweetness and love, with a side of raunchy innuendo. That never hurt anyone! - Jaymz
    Tell that to the guy(s) manacled in her basement... - be frank

Where I want to be
    Hail to Her Majesty!

practical experience, FTW Zealand5's Avatar
    Greetings to the best Royals ever!

I hope everyone has been thriving in every way. I have been MIA from the castle walls but I thought it wise to drop in for a quick hello before dashing off again!
    Perhaps, if you were less sane, I could talk about it.

Princess Zealand, good to see you home again. Our queen this week is Queen Cooeedownunder. She wants us all to meet her for breakfast. I hope you can attend. (Do not ask me when this breakfast is to occur, for I know not.)

Have a most wonderful evening, Princess.
    "The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."
    Michelangelo

"You don't need thick skin, you just need perseverance." leifwright

*has a servant fetch the Royal physician
    *Also sends note with my best regards to the Royals and all appropriate hails to Her Majesty

I will be staying in my quarters until such time as this nasty case of bronchitis eases.
    Proof God has a sense of humor: it takes fewer muscles to smile than frown; laughter is good medicine; just look at the duck-billed platypus

Check out my newest blog post (last updated 3/24)

Quote Originally Posted by Ona Mission View Post

And if anyone wasn't scared before, this is the time to reconsider that. Pkbax and I are apparently mentally linked.

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath TedTheewen's Avatar
    Hi folks. I finally slept. It was nice. Twelve hours of coma.

I'm pretty sure I woke up with numbers spray painted on my side and a radio collar.

Glad you slept, Prince Ted.
    Proof God has a sense of humor: it takes fewer muscles to smile than frown; laughter is good medicine; just look at the duck-billed platypus

And if anyone wasn't scared before, this is the time to reconsider that. Pkbax and I are apparently mentally linked.

I needed it badly. The last few hours were rough.

Where I want to be
    I tossed and turned. Which I do. A lot..

That sucks, Duchessmary. Have you tried melatonin?

Picking up tools, honing edges Welcheren's Avatar
    Burning my beard in the Alchemist's shed behind the Caslte
    I have heard that Melatonin is a wonderful aid. Good luck to all Royals who need their sleep.

Melatonin has helped me out a bunch. I'm careful with it, though, because I don't want to develop a tolerance. Drugs like Ambien only work a few times for me. I develop a tolerance after only a few doses. And the first night I don't take it, I don't sleep for a second.

Procrastinator Extraordinaire Lillian_Blaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pkbax View Post

I will be staying in my quarters until such time as this nasty case of bronchitis eases.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymz Connelly View Post
    I don't know that anyone could fill Lil's stilettos in her absence. She's very special and unique.
    Lil is just full of of sweetness and love, with a side of raunchy innuendo. That never hurt anyone! - Jaymz
    Tell that to the guy(s) manacled in her basement... - be frank

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian_Blaire View Post
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Thank you.

I hope you sleep well and spring back fast.

Good evening, Royals!

All hail Queen cooee!

I don't really have an official role in the castle. The best I can think of is Royal Game Master.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

"Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence." - Hal Borland

Quote Originally Posted by TedTheewen View Post
    Hi folks. I finally slept. It was nice. Twelve hours of coma.

I'm pretty sure I woke up with numbers spray painted on my side and a radio collar.
    Perhaps the count visited you.
    SR

FACEBOOK Blog Goodreads

Unforgivable Kindle

Quote Originally Posted by Welcheren View Post
    I have heard that Melatonin is a wonderful aid. Good luck to all Royals who need their sleep.
    What is Melatonin? I too have trouble sleeping.
    SR

FACEBOOK Blog Goodreads

Unforgivable Kindle

Page 932 of 984 FirstFirst ... 182432682832857882907922926927928929930931932933934935936937938942957982 ... LastLast