Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals.

I'm afraid I'm under the weather. What I thought was allergies is officially a cold. I'm seriously considering calling off tomorrow.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
LadyV, that sucks. I'm sorry. Summer colds are the worst. I hope you're able to sleep it off or at least get some rest.

We've got storms rolling in. We haven't had rain in a very long time and it's rather warm outside at the moment. I poked my head outside and saw some gorgeous lightning. If I wasn't working, I'd be outside with my camera taking pictures. That's a goal of mine now--to take a good photo of lightning. I've been learning how to use my camera still and that's something I keep screwing up but I think I know what to do now and I can't wait to try it out.

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
All hail . king welcheren

8d375546e4cf3302b21fbfc29c9e2479.jpg

I got you a coronation present.
296d2f3a44e909d001c43a01392f57e4.jpg

Last edited:

Welcheren

Picking up tools, honing edges
Registered
Reaction score
A stunning gift, Prince Beanie.

You have my gratitude and shall have titles and lands bestowed upon you.

.... No one busts the Royal still, at least until the royaly itself goes bust.

Last edited:

Beanie5

Registered
Reaction score
Flaming lambourginis are my downfall, step daughter is a cocktail bar type person sometimes can get you some recipes if you like i'll check what goes well with icecream

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks but a sweetheart of mine was bartender at one of the most trendy clubs in Europe. I mean, it was one of those Hipster Centrals you see in all the magazines about the "secret awesome place", etc. That and I grew up in a family full of bartenders.

I've been going through pictures of my childhood because someplace there's a pic of me at the age of 9 or 10 drinking an Old Fashioned. It's not a pose, either. I'm drinking. I grew up drinking cocktails. I used to make drinks for my grandmother. My family was....different. That all ended when sometime around the age of 12 I got hammered, passed out on the floor, and went to school the next day with a hangover. That was when the family realized that maybe they should have been watching me instead of having a party. Worse day of the 6th Grade ever.

Beanie5

Registered
Reaction score
Here's to the good old days skol.

Last edited:

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
*goes off to inspect moat *

SOMEBODY FILLED THIS THING WITH WATER WHILE I WAS GONE !!!!!!

* drains moat and fills it with 2X4's *

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Thursday, Your Majesty.

Good Thursday, dear Royals.

Better keep that under wraps before the revenuer's come a'knockin' and lookin' to bust yer still.
:Huh:

"Montegue."

"Yes, Your Grace?"

"We haven't sent out the collection agents, have we?"

"No, Your Grace. The gemstone mine is producing well. There has been no need to tax the citizens."

"Or tax the King?"

Montegue looked askance at the duchess. "You are joking with me, Your Grace? You don't normally joke about the coffers."

"Just feeling a bit on the funny side this morning." Ambrosia narrowed her eyes as Montegue bent down to balance another column in the Royal books. "Let me know if someone is going off the rails, will you?"

Montegue jerked up, his eyes wide. "I guarantee it, Your Grace."

"Carry on." Ambrosia nodded to him and left the room.

.... No one busts the Royal still, at least until the royalty itself goes bust.

:Thumbs:

The coffers will never be empty, Your Majesty. Things are well in hand. By the by, I noticed Prince Porter emptying out the moat. I moved the creatures before it became an issue and put them in a safe location. And made sure all the slime and dirt was cleaned out before he refilled the moat with 2x4s. It's his drink of choice and has never been a problem before, except for the time I didn't get to the moat creatures quickly enough. Pickled creatures is not something I wish to see ever again. *shivers*

Last edited:

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Hail King Welcheren!

You speak Moose. Nobody understands Moose.

True

Good evening, Royals.

I'm afraid I'm under the weather. What I thought was allergies is officially a cold. I'm seriously considering calling off tomorrow.

I do hope you feel better soon. *sends healing wishes, tissues, and the Princess's beverage of choice

LadyV, that sucks. I'm sorry. Summer colds are the worst. I hope you're able to sleep it off or at least get some rest.

We've got storms rolling in. We haven't had rain in a very long time and it's rather warm outside at the moment. I poked my head outside and saw some gorgeous lightning. If I wasn't working, I'd be outside with my camera taking pictures. That's a goal of mine now--to take a good photo of lightning. I've been learning how to use my camera still and that's something I keep screwing up but I think I know what to do now and I can't wait to try it out.

Cool! What are you looking for - the bolt "frozen" in time or that cool, artistic exposure you get with a slower shutter? (I've been trying to get that cool white blur of water movement, but have yet to recreate it without blowing out the surrounding landscape.)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Royals.

I managed 10 hrs of sleep last night. Still not feeling great, but not feeling like death either. I'm glad I took off, though. Work would have been miserable in my current state.

Welcheren

Picking up tools, honing edges
Registered
Reaction score
The still that Prince Beanie gifted to me will probably be abused for my latest alchemical experiements. Expect to see your King without eyebrows.

*speaks to the Royal Exchequer about rewarding Grand Duchess Ambrosia for keeping the denizens of the moat safe*

*sounds a trumpet call for Super and Sir Brad, hoping that they might consent to follow Prince Porter around and curb the worst excesses of his mischief*

Dear Duchess
How stands your travel arrangments?

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
* heads back down the trail to somewhere, carefully skirting the elephant/giraffe trap which has not caught anything yet *

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
Holy Crap !! there is brush growing on the ski slope I had built, even some saplings !!!!!

inspects one of the ping pong ball pits "

I'll have to have those counted. It looks like a few are missing.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Duchess
How stands your travel arrangments?

My brother and I were just discussing trying to leave earlier. He says he has enough money to help me pay for fuel and motel rooms on the trip if we leave before my check comes in. Still trying to get someone to load the appliances, but otherwise we are close to being packed. I'll let you know when I know. ;)

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Cool! What are you looking for - the bolt "frozen" in time or that cool, artistic exposure you get with a slower shutter? (I've been trying to get that cool white blur of water movement, but have yet to recreate it without blowing out the surrounding landscape.)

I'm looking for the frozen in time pictures, but I'd love to leave the shutter open to get a collection of lightning.

My weekend begins now. I'm thrilled by this.

Right now, I'm pondering my dinner options. I'm thinking some thai coconut green curry will work.