Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Riley is going to do as well at Nebraska as he did at Oregon State. Who pushed the down button on your elevator?

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I'm feeling better, so the elevator stopped going down. Interventions by friends will do that.

And Riley was about to be fired from Oregon State when we hired him for some reason.

I went out tonight and made a grand appearance at a wedding reception. The Pastor who married them is also the frontman for a Christian metal band and he's pretty good. They're good, actually. The bass player was the groom and it was a metal wedding. The bride wore a black leather dress and looked gorgeous.

I wasn't going to go but somebody asked me again to show up so I did and I'm glad that I did. Getting out of the apartment once in a while is nice and a lot of ladies wanted to give me a hug. Their husbands were cool with it, too.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Sunday, Your Majesty.

Good Sunday, dear Royals.

I'm deep into the packing and loading phase of this move. And I hurt. And I'm tired. And I still can't sleep past 6 a.m.--what is wrong with me?! lol!

Tuesday morning (well, all of Tuesday actually) is going to be a trial and a half. We can't load the refrigerator before my brother's queen-size, memory foam mattress because there is a center bar in the trailer and the refrigerator is a half an inch too large to go in the spot. (Though I may have just had a brain storm solution for that issue. Hmmmm.) Anyway, that means waiting until the morning we leave to load the mattress and box springs and then the refrigerator. And Tuesday is our longest drive to the hotel on the trip back. So Tuesday is going to suck. :tongue

I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Royals!

I have a games meetup this afternoon, which I'm excited about, since I missed the one on Friday.

Ted - that wedding sounds really cool. And I can understand all the ladies wanting to give you hugs. You look very cuddly, like a, well, Teddy Bear. ;)

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Ted,
I was online looking for a good source for almond flour when I ran into this https://empoweredsustenance.com/avoid-almond-flour/

I know when it comes to food a thing is good then bad then good then bad according to the season of popularity. The numbers look good for calories and carbs but ...

This could be some nut trying to push coconut flour or there might be some science behind what he writes. Check it out if you want to ... or not ... and follow up as you wish. I'm going to do some reading before I order some of the stuff ... or maybe just drop a note by the California Almond coalition.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ted - that wedding sounds really cool. And I can understand all the ladies wanting to give you hugs. You look very cuddly, like a, well, Teddy Bear. ;)

I am. I'll admit it. I totally am. Somebody once called me a "teddy bear with big, sharp teeth" meaning I'm cuddly as hell.

Prince Porter, thanks for that link. I'm going to check it out and run it past some friends of mine, who would really be interested in that. Good find.

I just got off work. I'm exhausted. This weekend, I splurged a bit, and bought myself something I've wanted for a long time. Or at least, I put it on layaway. I hope to pay it off in a month. I'm really excited, too.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I can't sleep. Again. Every time I started to nod off, something would wake me up. It's Monday so there were garbage trucks doing their job, some kid kept going around and around the block in his motorcycle, somebody honked their horn, and then there was a loud car. So, I kept waking up.

Then my sinuses swelled shut. I took something and I'm just waiting for that to kick in so I can try to sleep again. Somebody is coming over in a few hours and I need to be awake and wearing pants for that.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Monday, Your Majesty. My biggest regret is I'm missing your reign.

Good Monday, dear Royals.

Today we finish loading the boxes into the truck, and then load the refrigerator into the trailer. By taking off the doors we are able to get it into the front of the trailer which will give us room for the queen mattress and box springs tomorrow morning. I'm exhausted. I think I may have pulled a muscle in my thigh yesterday. It was hurting last night and still hurts a bit this morning. Don't know how I'm going to make this last bit, but I'm nothing if not stubborn. :greenie

Have a lovely Monday and if I don't touch base for the next couple of days, it is because I'm on the road and too tired to turn on my computer. I will return when I can. :)

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Well it seems like bon voyage is out of the question Your grace but I hope it is the best it can be, from thesound of your brother I have hopes it will be a happy home if somewhat noisy my wishes will be riding shotgun good luck

Last edited:

Beanie5

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning King Welcheren hail and hardy I am glad to say and you?

Welcheren

Picking up tools, honing edges
Registered
Reaction score
Good Monday, Your Majesty. My biggest regret is I'm missing your reign.

Good Monday, dear Royals.

Today we finish loading the boxes into the truck, and then load the refrigerator into the trailer. By taking off the doors we are able to get it into the front of the trailer which will give us room for the queen mattress and box springs tomorrow morning. I'm exhausted. I think I may have pulled a muscle in my thigh yesterday. It was hurting last night and still hurts a bit this morning. Don't know how I'm going to make this last bit, but I'm nothing if not stubborn. :greenie

Have a lovely Monday and if I don't touch base for the next couple of days, it is because I'm on the road and too tired to turn on my computer. I will return when I can. :)

Safe travels, your Grace. I hope all goes well and that you are rewarded with all the time you need to recover once you arrive.

All is well here, Prince Beanie. Today was a public holiday in my neck of the woods, so I finally managed to do some reading and series-watching that I had been looking forward to for some time.

Speaking of Prince Beanie, I would like to take up a tradition from his reign. I should like to try my hand at involving each Royal in a treasure hunt or a challenge. I might need some help with conjuring ideas, but let's give it a whirl:

First, Prince Porter, your challenge (should choose to accept it) is to post your favourite Shakesperean insult.

Prince Beanie, your task is to build and name an indecorous little tavern, secluded on the very edge of the Castle grounds. I know that we already have our own Royal barmaid and suitable compartments, but a little competition from scandalous never-do-wells could be fun. So, I therefore challenge you to come up with an interesting name for this tavern. Also, please select one drink to smuggle from your native land to said tavern.

Again, should Sir Brad and Super grace us with their presence, I charge them with the task of curbing Prince Porter's mischief (as much as possible, anyway, since we all secretly enjoy it).

Prince Ted, I charge you with posting your favourite literary description of a psychopath or psychotic disorder from a tale of your choice (in other words, a description of either an individual character or a condition).

Princess LadyV, tell us of your favourite game at games night, and why you have selected it (I might have to ask you about the rules, since the game might very well be unkown to me).

For the Grand Duchess we repeat our wishes of safe travels. We shall think of an appropriate task when you have enjoyed some well earned rest.
I shall think of more tasks as other Royals reappear. Please feel free to suggest ideas. (I suppose it would be unacceptably unPC to ask challenge anyone to post their favourite Brexit meme... oh, well.)

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals!

Despite the heat, I had a pretty good day. One of my clients praised my work and proceeded to give me a $15 tip. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Princess LadyV, tell us of your favourite game at games night, and why you have selected it (I might have to ask you about the rules, since the game might very well be unkown to me).

Well, Your Highness, I have a lot favorites, but naming the actually games would likely be lost on most people here, so I'll say that my favorite kinds of games typically have fantasy themes and involve worker placement or area control mechanisms. I also like engine and tableau building.

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
I have little time for quoting lesser writers but there was this old bearded guy ... I can't remember his ... who used to run around all the time yelling "I bite my thumb to thee"

It made no sense and I always wondered how many band-aids he went through.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
What splendid company the Caste furnishes.

Princess LadyV
In terms of specific games, does Rivals for - or Settlers of Catan feature in your list. I see it on the shelves, but have never tried it. In fact, I am actually looking for a great fantasy themed game that two people can play without spoiling the fun. I would prefer something that does not require an app, like Mansions of Madness (it looks awesome, I just don't want to have to use an app). I've taken a look at murder mystery games like Mysterium, but that requires at least three players.

Prince Ted
I look forward to the fruits of your cognitation.

Prince Porter
Thank you, that was brilliant. For some reason, I was expecting a gastonimic and gas related quote.

Last edited:

Beanie5

Registered
Reaction score
Your wish is my command my King I shall send you my plans for construction of the Welcome Inn
and in anticipation I shall name the main Bar in honour of our two best customers The Super Ted bar

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Your wish is my command my King I shall send you my plans for construction of the Welcome Inn
and in anticipation I shall name the main Bar in honour of our two best customers The Super Ted bar

Splendid work, so far. Innovation and creativity - fine attriutes for a courtier.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
*tests levitation potion over the elephant/giraffe trap*

My potion failed. I might need a hand to get out. Helooo! Anyone there?