Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

cooeedownunder

Grateful for the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.australianflavour.net
:Hail: My Queen Ambrosia.

Apologies that I have been led astray, and haven't been around to serve Your Gracious Majesty, but wanted to say how pleasing it is to see you reign again.

*takes some bacon and is led astray again*

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
:Hail: My Queen Ambrosia.

Apologies that I have been led astray, and haven't been around to serve Your Gracious Majesty, but wanted to say how pleasing it is to see you reign again.

*takes some bacon and is led astray again*

Princess Cooee, tis nice to see your roaming brought you back to the castle.

I hope all is well, and I trust the bacon is crisp.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Hello, Royals!

I'm still working right now. Today was a crazy day, just as it's been all week, but today is my Friday and I get to relax tomorrow. I have plans, though. Lots of plans. I hope I can get on with them.

Tonight, if I can muster the energy, I'm going to edit.

Ally_K

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with your book!

Thanks, and good luck with your book.
I just woke up and a revelation hit me. I should write a collection of short stories. What do you guys think of short stories?

Last edited:

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Good evening, Princess Ally.

I love short stories. Sadly, in many minds, they are a dying form. Even Stephen King said something to that effect a few years ago when he wrote a short story as part of a bet with his son that not only turned into a best-seller on Amazon, but also won a number of awards.

But I don't think it's a dying form. I don't. I think short stories are a form that might be making a comeback, of sorts, because people are beginning to find the value in them.

If you want to write a collection of short stories, then go for it. Have you had many published? I've only had five published so far but I'm working on getting more out there. Instead of submitting to places that don't pay, I've decided to submit to places that pay professional rates, where the competition is stiff. It's forced me to improve my writing and while I haven't had anything accepted from those places, I can tell I've gotten better.

Ally_K

Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Princess Ally.

I love short stories. Sadly, in many minds, they are a dying form. Even Stephen King said something to that effect a few years ago when he wrote a short story as part of a bet with his son that not only turned into a best-seller on Amazon, but also won a number of awards.

I have only one novel ready, my first book ever. Right now it's in moderation on a self-publishing site and will be available in 2-3 days on amazon and if I'm not mistaken on bookmate.

I think that short stories are already making a comeback, just take the anthology "Because You Love to Hate Me" as an example. It's become quite popular and I think because of this book authors might look into short stories compilations now. People live fast nowadays and not everyone has the time or patience to read 500 paged books. People just don't have the time to get stuck in books today. Short stories on the other hand? Hell yeah. I mean, if you have a 30 minute break to have lunch on a work day, and 5-10 out of those you can spend on reading one to three stories. So I think it's time for short stories to make a comeback.
PS: short stories are also good for people who have trouble keeping up the pace of long books, many have the problem that they can't get past the first 10 pages, with short stories you don't have that problem because it has all the action and interesting stuff in 2-5 pages. ISN'T THAT AWESOME??? (also good for people who don't like to read, but are kind of forced to because of society)

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Friday, dear Royals.

Ally, I don't often read short stories. I have written a few in my life but those sit somewhere in my stacks of "things written" without attention. But lots of people do write short stories and sell short stories. I see no reason to not write short stories if you wish to. Kinda like that vampire story waiting inside you to be told. ;)

Imo, the most important thing for a writer to do is write. So, go write. :)

I hope you lovely Royals have a lovely day. I will be in and out today because I want to finish this tweaking on my book. I have a lot of other things to do before this book gets published, like learn how to make a book cover and actually publish the book, so I need to be able to put the book away while I work on these other areas I don't know and don't really want to learn. :tongue

Coffee now. Because...coffee. :Coffee:

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, my queen. Royals.

I hope you are all doing well.

I ended up back in the hospital last night but after hours of tests, pokes and prods, I'm finally home. I'm extremely tired but hope I'm finally on the mend.

With that, I shall leave you all to go sleep. See you later.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This illness is not acceptable, Princess Lillian. I'm sending the elven healers to you at once.

:Hug2:

Rest. Get better.

Welcheren

Picking up tools, honing edges
Registered
Reaction score
Good day Royals.

I finally get a chance to pop out of the shed.

Hope everyone feels rested and well tomorrow, especially you Princess Lillian. And good luck with all our Royals' creative endeavours.

Last edited:

Ally_K

Registered
Reaction score
I churned some coffee ice cream I had in my fridge while being careful not to eat any. I needed it for a photo shoot tomorrow.

The good news is I'm starting to get a bit sleepy and there's a chance I might actually sleep soon. I hope so, anyways.

I wish I could go back to sleep... It's morning over here and I need to go to the dentist)

PS: where will we be able to see those delicious photos?)))

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'll post links to them once I get them taken tomorrow, I hope. But until then, here's how coffee ice cream looks when it comes out of the ice cream maker, just before I put it in the freezer to harden.

Token food pron #1
Token food pron #2
Token food pron #3

Now that I have a better camera and my skills at making videos have improved, I'm thinking about re-shooting my video for Breakfast with Lavern. That's coffee ice cream on top of cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven.

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Goodmorning/evening royals does super like ice cream Ted?
your Majestey

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Saturday, dear Royals.

Drinking my first cup of coffee and listening to news. Watching the tropical storm that is likely going to cross over into the Gulf of Mexico, but I have a few days before I'll know what way it's headed. The last one went way south and hit Mexico. Not that I want to wish those people any problems, but if a hurricane doesn't hit this area, I will be grateful. Cause I don't know where to go if one heads this way. I have even asked a stranger at a grocery store and they told me they didn't know, but it was a good question! I'm glad to have helped that person think, but really. If you live down here by the gulf, you would figure you would know, right? I just know staying in a trailer is not the answer.

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
You might end up in Oz my queen?