Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Royals.

I snagged myself a couple of new dresses today. They're light and cottony, which will be very comfortable while on vacation. Only two more weeks before I head off.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
It takes a lot of time and because of the acidic tang of the yogurt the flavor profiles are limited.

And I have so many ice cream projects I want to get to. My neighbor is having a birthday at the end of the month and she asked me for a b-day cake. I have a big project for her in mind but I need to practice a few components of it, like genoise cake, and rolling it.

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Hear Ye Hear Ye
My reign has run its course and the time has come for a new Queen

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN

All hail queen Ambrosia

untitled-1.jpg
untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
King Beanie,

Thank you for your wonderful service to the Realm. You were marvelous. It was a pleasure to get to know you and have your presence on the throne.

From this moment forth, you shall have the title of Prince Beanie. You have a suite of rooms in the castle and a budget to decorate them as you so choose. You also have a stipend to keep you in the manner to which you have become accustomed while on the throne. Of course, any gifts received while monarch are yours to keep.

We hope you will continue to favor the halls of the castle with your presence. I personally hope you make this your home. The castle would not be the same without you.

Her Royal Majesty,
Queen Ambrosia!
(yep, that's me!)
;)

Beanie5

Registered
Reaction score
Your Majesty Thank you for your generosity I have set sail for the perilous southern reaches to collect pearls befit to grace your neck; and have already met with some success I shall returmn shortly

shell-1972980__340.jpg

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

As much as I want to stay up and party and paint the town red (wherever did that saying originate, anyone?), I am exhausted. I'm retiring to my suites. I will see you all on the morrow.

Goodnight.

Goodnight-1.jpg

ETA: Thank you, Prince Beanie. I await the gift in great anticipation. Nite!

Last edited:

Beanie5

Registered
Reaction score
Good Night I will bring nightingales to sing you to sleep when I return sleep well.

Zealand5

Registered
Reaction score
Good Thursday, Your Majesty.

Good Thursday, dear Royals.

Princess Zealand, have you given yourself a day just to rest? That's what holidays are for, right? You need to regain your inner rightness and your energy. That can't happen jumping from one busyness into the next. I encourage you to take some time for yourself, if not a whole day then part of a day, and do nurturing things for you. Whatever makes you relax and feel alive again. Do that. Then you can jump into things you wish to accomplish on your holiday. :)

My Queen, you are always providing nothing but kindness and wisdom. I have succeeded in taking a bit of a break. I read a book, practiced my new knitting hobby and spent time with my significant other while attending a barbecue and a wine tasting. It was so much fun. I hope you take some time to relax as well, I believe no-one deserves it more than you do.
All hail her wonderful majesty Queen Ambrosia!!!:Hail::Trophy::e2violin:

Last edited:

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
All Hail Queen Ambrosia!

Just made the last batch of frozen yogurt and it's in the freezer hardening so I can take pictures of the scoops. I believe the strawberry-mango is the best and I wish I could get some to our Queen. In the Texas heat, a scoop of something cold and sweet is always welcomed.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Monday, dear Royals.

Indeed it would be, Prince Ted.

Princess LadyV, you are too kind. :)

Prince Beanie, I don't know that I have ever seen or heard a nightingale. I love birds. Thank you.

"Steward." The Queen motioned him over.

"Yes, Your Majesty?" He bowed deeply as he reached her side.

"Coffee."

A smile twitched the steward's lips as he rose. "It's on its way, Your Majesty."

Just then, a maid bustled through the door carrying a tray with a cup, a small pot of cream, and a carafe. The Queen's coffee had arrived.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Queen walks through the empty halls listening to the echo of her footsteps.

"Hello? Anyone here?"

Apparently not. Where have all the Royals gone? Hmmm....

*Sets out pizza to lure them back into the castle.*

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thank you, my Queen. I needed it badly.

I'm working right now. It's been crazy busy. Mondays are either like that or just dead quiet.

I started working on my video this morning and I hope to get it uploaded tonight. It's going to be the longest one I've posted yet.

11redo.jpg

I know I post a lot of food-centric things but it gives me a sense of accomplishment. And it's a creative outlet for me. Writing is so intangible sometimes. We have a word-count and that's about it. This way, I have something to share with people almost instantly.

Today, a friend gave me feedback on some ice cream I gave him. He took it to a Memorial Day cookout with his food-snob friends (hehe) and they loved it. They wanted to place orders. It was a huge hit.

Feedback like that carries me a great distance on a bad day.

Last edited:

Beanie5

Registered
Reaction score
Your Majesty , I have returned.

The heart break straights would have terrified a lesser man. jagged rocks, whirlpools -howling winds but worst of all the Sirens.

I was inured, by your majesty , Majesty but many of the others, who hab not been graced by your presence succombed, casting themselves into the raging seas.

However we found safe harbour

and for that which we searched

and we come back triumphant!
jewellery-1639015__340.jpg

There was a Kraken on the way back and hence the reason for my tardy return, but I will not bore you with the details; after a short visit to the surgeon I shall set forth once more for NIghtingales, Your humble servent.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It is good you persevered, Prince Beanie. I'm glad you made it back safely.

Lovely pearls. I await the nightingale's song. :)

Prince Ted, I'm glad you are experiencing ice cream success.

My fatigue is great and my heart is heavy. I will likely retire to my chambers soon. I trust you all will have an enjoyable evening/night/day.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Tuesday, Royals.

In the A.R.o.R.L., it appears the tropical storm forming in the Gulf of Mexico will go elsewhere. Which is both good and bad. I don't want to be in danger, and there is always a danger a storm in the Gulf will develop into a hurricane. But it is beyond dry here. And hot. The ground is cracking. The area really needs the rain. Likewise, I need the rain. Too much sun and I get grumpy. Strange, but true. Those people that get depressed when it is cloudy and rainy out? They got nothing on me when it stays too sunny, too long.

At least I'm not in Phoenix. ;)

As my first decree for this reign, I would like you all to go out and offer support for those in the Realm of AW who need it. Those who are suffering from personal issues, those that are needing encouragement after receiving a rejection on their writing, whatever is bringing folks in our Realm down, go and spread encouragement. We all need encouragement from time to time.

"Steward?"

"Your Majesty?"

"Coffee."