Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Graduation was very nice. I really enjoyed the speakers and catching up with my former classmates.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Prince Ted, I hope you are sleeping. ;)

I did crash/sleep, finally. It was a hard sleep.

Work cut me loose early again. I'm going to hear back from somebody on Monday about a new job with more hours. Until that happens, I'm selling ice cream like a madman. Thankfully, the ghost pepper and habanero infused honey ice cream is so weird, people who like hot stuff are really excited and looking to try it. That means I should be able to cover rent.

I did the same last month and was able to cover rent.

So now, I'll go update the blog, get some writing done, fill out a new job application I was shown, and hope things work out.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Royals. Day two of my conference. I'm looking forward to going home. Even though it means going home to a pile of laundry. And dishes. And kids' homework. Ugh.

How is everyone doing this beautiful Sunday?

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning/day, dear Royals.

Prince Ted, I'm glad you covered rent. The stress that type of financial insecurity causes is exhausting. Hang in there. I hope one of those jobs you have/are applying for pans out for you.

Princess LadyV, I'm glad you had a good time. :)

Princess Lillian, enjoy your final conference day. And don't think about the laundry, dishes, and kid's homework until it arrives in front of you. Otherwise you are living in the future, not the present. And the present is the place to be. ;)

[URL=http://s665.photobucket.com/user/NectarOfGods/media/food/breakfast/dragongoodmorning.jpg.html]

[/URL]

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Lieutenant Simpson. Come in and join me. I'm just getting ready to have coffee," said Grand Duchess Ambrosia.

"As you wish, your Grace." The lieutenant placed a folder down on the table and sat in the dining chair opposite the duchess. Immediately a server stepped forward with a cup and poured fresh coffee for him.

"I assume the contents of the folder are of interest to me?" Ambrosia took a sip of her coffee.

"Indeed, your Grace. I came as quickly as I had gathered all the information you requested." The officer slid the folder over to the duchess.

Duchess Ambrosia opened the folder and pulled out several sheets of paper. As she read, her brow furrowed. "Hasn't been seen in the Realm since, Lieutenant? Is this correct?"

"It is as it says, your Grace. We have searched everywhere. It seems she simply disappeared into thin air."

"The regalia. Has it been located?"

"Yes, your Grace. None of those items left the castle. It has been locked in a chest in the vaults all this time." The lieutenant drank the rest of his coffee and put the cup in its saucer. "If that is all, your Grace?"

"Hmmm?" responded the duchess, still pouring over the pages of reports on Queen Marissa's disappearance. She looked up and saw the lieutenant waiting for her orders. "Oh, yes, Lieutenant. You may return to your duties. Have the captain of the guard attend me. Thank you for your diligence in this matter."

Lieutenant Simpson stood and bowed. "It was my pleasure to serve, your Grace."

He exited the room and soon the captain of the guard appeared by Ambrosia's side. He bowed.

"You asked for me, your Grace?"

"Yes, Captain Jord. I want you to gather my personal guard and have them change into court uniform. Then, have them assembled at the base of the dais in the throne room in one hour."

"At once, your Grace." Jord bowed and exited the dining hall.

"So much to do, so little time," mumbled Ambrosia to herself, before turning to the servant girl. "Katie, bring me a fresh mug of coffee. Put a cover on it. I can't linger here all day."

Katie curtseyed and rushed over to the buffet to fulfill the duchess' request. Duchess Ambrosia was standing by her when she finished filling the mug. She covered it with a round of beeswax infused linen and handed it the duchess.

"Thank you, Katie." The duchess walked away humming a tune to herself.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Good morning/day, dear Royals.

Prince Ted, I'm glad you covered rent. The stress that type of financial insecurity causes is exhausting. Hang in there. I hope one of those jobs you have/are applying for pans out for you.

Thankyou!

I'm not out of the woods just yet.

But riding this wave of badness as best as I can. I've been writing, got the blog updated, and some seeds planted in flower pots.

I hope all have a great day.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Taking of the Throne

Princess Ambrosia walked up the steps of dais and turned to face the audience chamber. Her loyal guard lined the front of the dais. No one could stop what she had put in motion. She was dressed in the robes of state, and the scepter was held by the steward of the castle. She held the crown in her hands.

"These are strange times we live in, when a sitting queen can be vanquished without a whisper. Yet, here we are. The Realm can go no longer without a strong person at the lead. And so, I announce my ascendancy to the throne." Ambrosia placed the crown upon her head, retrieved her scepter, and sat down with a flourish of her robes.

The Captain of the Guard announced her as the Realm's new queen.

Her Royal Majesty
Queen Ambrosia!

Long may she live!

Applause and much celebration erupted throughout the throne room. Ambrosia smiled and took in the adoration. Her advisor stepped forward and whispered in her ear. She nodded her head and rose from the throne.

"Let's retire to the main hall. I understand the party is ready." The new queen walked down the dais steps and down the isle to the double doors. The guard opened the double doors at her approach and she led the procession to the great hall. Tables laden with all manner of food and refreshment lined the walls and an orchestra was ready for her to give them the nod. She did, and music filled the hall.

The new queen excused herself once she was assured the coronation party was going well. There was much to do in the Realm, and the first thing to do was get out of the uncomfortable regalia. She smiled as she entered her suites and the door closed behind her, leaving her in blissful peace and quiet.

It's good to be queen.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Hail to our Queen! :Hail: A few paltry gifts, Your Majesty.
79c8762321c4t_zps2fe396b5.jpg

tumblr_my18p59vuM1se3r46o1_500_zpsaf385629.jpg

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Dearest Queen, welcome back to the throne! But beware. Those shoes look like they might be just my size (so may have to steal them).

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hail Queen Ambrosia!!!!:Hail::Cake::thankyou::applause:

Happy Sunday Peeps! Oh and if you don't see me for awhile....blame the 15cmof bleeping SNOW we're supposed to get tomorrow!!!!!AGhhhhhhhh. So I texted my daughter and she is driving in a day earlier. Ok off to unpack my winter boots:cry::rant: OH and I get to drive around it too since I have to work :(

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
All hair Queen Ambrosia! :Hail:

The concept of snow this time of year seems so alien to me. Not that it hasn't happened, but with climate change, we barely get a winter anymore.

I spent most of the morning binge watching a show then went to get my car washed. I also cleaned out the inside and found a mystery jug of ice tea under my passenger seat.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will respond to each of my lovely Royals a bit later. Right now my body is in tears from sitting at the computer editing. So, I gotta go relax for a bit.

I'll be back in a few hours. Until then, enjoy your lovely Sunday. :)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Princess Lillian. I still have a twinge of a crick in my neck, but it isn't as bad as it was earlier. Hopefully I will awake in the morning pain-free. Or, at least free of that particular pain. ;)

Princess Lillian, do you actually need to steal the shoes? You could just borrow them. Or, I have a great idea! We can get you your own pair! What say you?

Princess LadyV, I binge watched a show this afternoon. I had never seen it before, but they had multiple episodes, so I just kept watching. I have to say, mostly I dislike doing it. Binge watching, that is. I keep thinking time could be better spent. But, since I was spending it recovering from editing, I guess it was spent well? :Shrug:

Princess Jan, do be careful tomorrow! And should I say, "I told you so"? :greenie

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Queen Ambrosia, I hope all is well.

Not only did I get a full shift in tonight, I was kept for a few extra minutes, and was able to replace some time I lost the other day.

As an added bonus, it's morel season here and my neighbors hooked me up with a bunch. It's funny because people would pay $40 or more for what I was given. I traded him some Ghost Pepper and Habanero infused honey ice cream. He loves that stuff but it's too hot for me.

Welcheren

Picking up tools, honing edges
Registered
Reaction score
All hail the gloriously grand, resplendently royal Queen Ambrosia.

Congratulations on keeping up the editing work, even though you enjoy it less than getting on with new writing.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, loyal Royals.

Prince Ted, I'm glad that you were able to get in a full shift at work for a change! And congrats on the mushroom score! What are you going to cook with the mushrooms? Btw, I find it hilarious that you make ice cream that even you won't eat. :greenie

Prince Welcheren, thank you for the encouragement. I honestly need a better work space. This chair's too high. The other one is too low. I think that is why I am having trouble with my neck. Or, perhaps my neck is just worn out and I have to accept it. I don't know. But, I don't like it.

Royals, remember this is a castle and you are royalty. Use your honorifics when talking to one another here, please.

"Stephan, fetch the coffee."

"At once, your Majesty."

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Princess Lillian, do you actually need to steal the shoes? You could just borrow them. Or, I have a great idea! We can get you your own pair! What say you?
Well, I'm not sure where the fun is in that, but sure. My own pair would be awesome!

Good morning, royals. Happy Monday!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Begging you pardon, my queen. I meant no offense.
Dang. There goes the Dungeon Mistress' entertainment.

Unfortunately, in the ARoRL I am not a queen and I have no servants. So, I have been cleaning my little heart out. But, my knees and back are done with my foolishness even though the trailer still has areas that need attention. I need to do laundry. But. I'm thinking of putting it off for One. More. Day.