Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Entering Saturday soon. Under 2 hours away now.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
My Dear Royals, and Queen, it would seem the upheaval at my place of employment is not finished. Not only are my coworkers being barred from working their shift today by the client, many of us have not been paid for last week's work. It's a mess. I'm trying to be professional about it.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Good evening, Royals!

This week has really kicked my butt. Not in a bad way, like a couple of weeks ago, just physically. Lugging that big hose around is killer! I'm so sore at the end of the day I feel like gobbling ibuprofen like M&Ms. I actually skipped a few jobs today because my arms just gave out. And tomorrow I'll be on a tree crew because it'll be too cold to spray or feed. I've actually been looking forward to working on one, but timing is not the best. Dragging brush is tough work.

How true, Lady V. When first working in the landscaping business I started out with a ground crew, before being elevated to full-time tree climber. One must keep her mind on what's going on around, and feeding a chipper has a knack to it. I'm sure you'll always keep safety uppermost in your mind.

It's definitely a good workout and sleeping at night is usually not a problem.

I liked that part of the work more than handling chemical spraying. To this day I don't deal with chemicals unless absolutely necessary, and then on a small-scale basis only.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
My Dear Royals, and Queen, it would seem the upheaval at my place of employment is not finished. Not only are my coworkers being barred from working their shift today by the client, many of us have not been paid for last week's work. It's a mess. I'm trying to be professional about it.

That's the best way to be about things, Prince Ted. It sounds like a tangled web, but I'm sure you'll do fine no matter what comes your way.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope that mess is quickly sorted, Prince Ted. You need to get paid.

My brother has gotten me involved in my first ever online multi-player game. I'm still not seeing the draw. I much prefer my offline games. But it is something to share with my brother, so that's a positive.

A good evening to all. I will do my best to check in before heading to my chambers.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals.

Work went quite today. I had no issues keeping up with the guys. I'm feeling it now, though. If it wasn't for attending a hockey game, I'd probably already be in bed. I'm heading there shortly.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Saturday and, for the U.S., Veteran's Day.

Thank you, Prince Porter, and to everyone who has served in the military. Bless bless.

Thank you, Prince Porter. I'm more likely to stay home. It will be quiet here, for a change. Perhaps I can actually get some writing done. There's a thought. :greenie

Have a lovely Saturday, everyone. I will check back in later.

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Royals!

My internal clock decided to wake me up too early and I couldn't get back to sleep. I have plans to go to the movies. I'll go, but I'd like a nap.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Good morning, Royals. With the various changes I've made, I now am actually able to sleep. Plus, I'm finding I only need about 4 hours, because my brain has adjusted to the bad sleep sleep situation I've had for over 8 years. But now, I sleep for a few hours, wake up in teh actual morning, and I'm ready to roll.

I hope everybody has a good day.

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep is a good thing ,,, four hours per night us not. You may be used to it but you are paying a price unless you are rare speciman

my gosh ... I just doubted Ted is a rare specimen. What is wrong with me?

They asked e for a specimen once.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At least you are getting four hours of sleep, Prince Ted. That's an improvement. I agree with Prince Porter (mark the calendar--it will likely be the only day) that you need more than 4 hrs sleep. I'm guessing as you continue working on your health that your sleep will continue to improve until you are getting a full night's sleep.

Positive steps.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Honestly, I'm sure there's going to be a lot of things changing as I keep doing what I'm doing. Right now I'm wearing pants that are baggy on me when just a couple of months ago they were tight. So tight, I had to sew a button back on, because it couldn't take the pressure.

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Your Majestey6

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hanging in, Princess Snitchcat. At times only by my fingernails, but so far they have held. ;)

That's good! Every little helps! :D Hugs.

I am. And I've been keeping a distance. It's been a mess!

Hope this mess gets sorted out soon!

Honestly, I'm sure there's going to be a lot of things changing as I keep doing what I'm doing. Right now I'm wearing pants that are baggy on me when just a couple of months ago they were tight. So tight, I had to sew a button back on, because it couldn't take the pressure.

All of this is good news!

- - - Updated - - -

And I have a last-minute Christmas cake baking.

Yes, even dragons bake, especially the resident absentee. :D

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Possibly another ringside seat?

All joking aside, I hope everything works out!