Not open for further replies.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Can I just say... Below, copy and paste from some years ago:

pansy

09-14-2007, 05:48 AM

Who are the new up-and-coming A-listers in acting?

zahra

09-15-2007, 12:39 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I direct your attention to my current sig. He was in 'Band of Bros' and most recently, TV serial 'Cape Wrath' - 'Meadowlands' in the US. He has amazing power as an actor, and I'm using him as the model for my MC. My MCs being Brit, I'm not thinking in terms of Hollywood, particularly.

scripter1
09-16-2007, 03:31 AM

we still don't really have a working list of up and coming actors to base opinions on.

So far we've only got Shia, Hayden, Josh, and some dude in a picture.
Is that it?

That 'dude in a picture' (my avatar) was Tom Hardy.

This makes me happy today.

Nope, I haven't been published yet. Maybe a career as a casting director beckons.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have HBO, so I'm only up to season 5, and parts of it are not in the books. Yet they've allowed some parts that are in the book to go uncovered. We didn't see Bran and Hodor all the 5th seasons!

Maryn, who has a Hodor t-shirt

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, nice call on that Hardy fellow. He's definitely got something a lot of people respond to.

I don't know about you, but every once in a while I'll have a positively visceral reaction to an actor, and he or she will be in my mind when I write, playing the lead and sometimes a secondary character as well. I don't necessarily describe the actor for the reader, but I know who I'm envisioning.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, y'all.
I have gained eight pounds and now must lose it. GRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah! I'm reading the game of thrones books right now. Maybe not trashy per se but enthralling.

I've heard they're really good but so loooong. I get lost with too many characters (who was that again? how's she fit into this scene?) and too much small description - I'm afraid I'd be just overwhelmed. We don't have HBO so haven't been watching the series which almost every other person on earth is watching, apparently.

What is the weather like today? Perfect to get me into the unpredictable mood for shoving fellow citizens and illegal immigrants around.

What kind of weather is that? Not sure where you live - is it too cold? Too hot? Too windy? Too rainy? Too perfect?

It's been pretty nice here this week, around 70 F with blue skies and puffy white clouds. Just a few bits of rain. But we've had more days of 80+ temps, close to 90 a couple of times, already this spring than we often have all summer. 80s don't usually appear here until July-August, if at all.

I don't like hot weather. Don't know how I survived Texas for so long, with the heat and the humidity. I'm much better suited to Oregon. I grew up in Colorado, which was great too.

Komnena said:
I have gained eight pounds and now must lose it. GRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know this isn't just me - so much easier to gain those 8 than to lose them! :rant: I've packed on more than that recently, just before going on vacation.

Last edited:

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need to get back on track as well.

our weather has been nice spring weather- just not Alabama spring weather. 40's in the mornings sunny during the day. Not typical for here but lovely.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Great weather for training, Sass!
I wish we had the same. It's rained most of this week.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I saw on the news that Washington DC's metro area has had rain every day for over two weeks. Ugh. Beats tornadoes, but still, ugh.

Speaking of ugh, I'm still sick. I saw the doctor yesterday and it's viral, so there's nothing to do but ride it out. Lucky for me, Law & Order is somewhere on basic cable 24/7. I've seen a lot of old episodes and a few I missed. I don't get why the worst version is the one that survived.

Maryn, missing you all

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been around- it's finals week and commencement at work. I also got a cold but thankfully I didn't miss work and it only lasted two days.

Im working on a gift for my mom and I'm almost done. I'll be excited to post photos.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Still sick. Better than I was, but this blows. I'm kitten-weak--a trip to the store requires a nap afterward--coughing a lot, and have one ear that's "under water." I know we heal and recover slower as we age, but this is freakin' ridiculous.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe a little better today. I still can't hear normally out of one ear and want to ream it out with a corkscrew. That works, right? Mr. Maryn joked that he knew I wasn't faking it when I didn't want the wine he poured last night.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No wine?! Oh no.
took Leela to the vet last week for her annual and she had an ear infection and a uti and low thyroid. Sigh. I didn't know she was sick. Took her back to check her ears today and they're cleared up. She might have to be on the thyroid medicine for the rest of her life though.

took Hoshi as well because she has a sore on her paw she won't let heal. She got a couple shots.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear your doggies are getting proper care. No guilt over not knowing she had those problems, okay?

I shudder at how many people ask online what to do for their pet with these specific symptoms, list them, and rule out any possibility of seeing a vet. I'm not happy about people owning animals when they cannot afford to care for them, even though I know pets are a huge benefit for lots of people. But when their beloved animal is clearly suffering? Find the money.

It's even worse when it's themselves or their kid who can't see a doctor and clearly needs to.

Maryn, lucky she has the money

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
took Leela to the vet last week ...
took Hoshi as well

Get well Leela and Hoshi! Your mama needs you ...

We're going away for 9 days and our usual petsitter will be coming to our house. She comes twice a day to check on the animals. We had another petsitter that we used as backup but they moved to Tucson recently.

I wasn't up to snuff yesterday and stayed in my pajamas all day, not getting much done. Made up for it today with running errands and buying stuff for the trip, and now I'm knackered. Still not sure how I'm going to fit all my earthly belongings into a carry-on bag ... :D Was hoping to do a practice packing run today but didn't get to it. Tonight paying bills etc. We leave Wednesday evening and I work until then so hope to get it all sorted.

Wye Pen

Banned
Reaction score
Hello lovely ladies, how you doin?

juniper where are you going? Some romantic holiday filled with intimacy i guess.

When I had a growing discomfort and numerous inconveniences with my inner ear affecting my already unstable balance system I resorted to homeopathy and acupuncture.

P.S.

Snowdrops are signs of purity, hope and rebirth. Well done Maryn!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope everyone splurted what was in their mouths at the use of purity and my name together. (Mostly kidding.) I do love my snowdrops. That's a picture taken in my yard a couple years ago. Every spring I tell myself I'm going to plant more in the fall, but I never seem to actually do it.

We have a major and potentially awful home repair coming up, replacing the wastewater pipe that leads to the sewer. Ours is cracked, tree roots having their way with it over a period of years. The contractor will have to dig up a good bit of the front yard. We figure the time for redoing the plants is right after that's complete. It's deeply shaded and I'm thinking ferns out the wazoo.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found a tree sapling under our porch so I transplanted it in our yard. It seems to be doing well. I'm hopeful it will be a big tree one day.

on that note we had a dead tree removed from our back yard - well safely cut down anyway- and they cut back limbs hanging over our driveway for us no extra charge. My hydrangeas are happy now. The trees were crowding them out.

Still dealing with sick dogs but every one is improving.

Even though the students are gone I'm still super busy at work. I have Friday off with the hubs so we'll have a four day weekend and it can't come soon enough. I'm so stressed I feel like I'm drowning.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I planted seeds in my garden the other day, I pulled a few new weeds--and pruned three saplings that seems to be connected from deep underground. The closest tree is at least 20 feet away, maybe 30. How is it sending shoots up in my garden?

We have a pair of paper birches out front. I'd love to have one of those in back--but farther from the house. The little pines I planted a few years back are doing well, but they're not growing as quickly as I'd hoped. I want a yard full of short trees.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
I've been experimenting with gardening myself...by the end of the month, I may or may not have edible carrots and onions in my yard. As in, growing there...on purpose. (Wouldn't it be great if fresh veggies and fruit grew spontaneously like weeds?)

Yes, it's been awhile. I hope you're all doing great, because I'm not.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, mario, it's good to see you but bad to hear you're not doing so well. Get yourself in here more often to rant and rave, or take a break from the real world and its nastiness, okay? We know some dirty jokes that will distract anyone.

One summer when I was still very busy with kids, I sprinkled wildflower mix on the dirt at the back edge of the house, where grass refuses to grow. By summer's end, I had no wildflowers, but I did have one carrot! Since we have bunnies in the nearby strip of woods, I pulled it and left it for them.

Maryn, with a hug

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know. My potatoes have sprouted and I wanted to plant them but hubby Googled it and read that you aren't supposed to plant store bought potatoes. WTF?!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I'd plant 'em anyway and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.