• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Reader Looking to Beta for Self Pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesrdesign

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm hoping to connect with an author or two and help out with some beta reading. I'm not an author, and I've never beta read before, so I'd really like to talk with any authors interested about what kind of feedback they're looking for in advance and what their expectations are.
I'm interested in YA, dystopian, NA, and I read a lot of memoirs. I would also be interested in some nonfiction, depending on topic.
I'm looking for one or two books of novella length or shorter to start, as this is the first time I've done this.
Please feel free to email me your blurbs at [email protected] - if you're interested, as well as a link or two to previous books you've published if possible.

Thank you!

Edit:
I've got quite a few to read through now, so I'll post back an update when I'm ready to take on more. Thanks!

Last edited:

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
It's generally a good idea to keep your email out of posts here on AW, as it's too easy for it to be picked up by spamming programs (at least that's the way I understand it. If I'm wrong someone will kindly correct me).

But on topic, I'm curious as to why you want to beta read. If you're not an author and have never beta read before, what got you into it? This is more of me being curious than any sort of issue.

Also, does it have to be for self-publishing? Your thread title says you're looking to beta read for self-publishers, but what if someone plans to send a story off to a magazine or anthology? Just a few questions out of sheer curiosity.

-Niccolo :)

jesrdesign

Registered
Reaction score
It's generally a good idea to keep your email out of posts here on AW, as it's too easy for it to be picked up by spamming programs (at least that's the way I understand it. If I'm wrong someone will kindly correct me).

But on topic, I'm curious as to why you want to beta read. If you're not an author and have never beta read before, what got you into it? This is more of me being curious than any sort of issue.

Also, does it have to be for self-publishing? Your thread title says you're looking to beta read for self-publishers, but what if someone plans to send a story off to a magazine or anthology? Just a few questions out of sheer curiosity.

-Niccolo :)

I'm not too concerned with spam, as that's my business email and it's posted all over the place anyhow.
I've been a part of the self published author community for the last couple years because I'm a graphic designer who does a lot of ebook covers, so I know it's something that's needed.
I'm an avid reader anyway, so I just thought I might offer it up and see if I could be of some assistance in the meantime.
I wouldn't be absolutely opposed to authors going other publishing routs, but would prefer to read self pubbed books just because that's the community I most frequently participate in.

Status
Not open for further replies.