• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Netherfield House Press

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been covered. I found this name on the Net of publishing houses, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information about it. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on Netherfield. I looked at their site and it seems to be fairly new, but haven't heard anything good or bad about it.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
Did you look carefully at their sites online? This is an easy one to write off, unless perhaps you have specialty non-fiction about cheering and dance.

It appears it was started in 2010 for the owner to publish her own books, and the last entries on the blog and the Facebook are from 2010. And the website is barren. Why even have a site, Facebook and blog. All those fiction and romance categories on the left? Almost all empty, and only one novel appears, the same novel, in about three of them. You have to go to the author page to find names of their authors, and look them up on Amazon to find the books they have with Netherfield.

They're all non-fiction about dance and cheerleading. The only fiction is Pride & Prejudice's Vampires.

Melissa Darnell, owner and publisher, has published a lot of her own fiction and not even bothered to mention it on the blog, Facebook or website. Both blog and Facebook were abandoned after two book announcements four years ago.

Unless you have specialty non-fiction about cheering or dance, and even then, frankly, what can this press do for you?

Last edited:

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, there's not much there. Thanks for the reply.