• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Glenbridge Publishing

Jennifer Robins

paranormal interest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferrobins.com
I have recently submitted a manuscript to Glenbridge Publishing. I found that they are listed in the Writers Market have been in business for some time. I asked a manager of a book store about them and she told me they had many books out and many hard cover. I don't know that they are a POD I don't think so. I'll soon find out. They were recomended to me by the producer of a national radio show I was a guest on.

Jennifer Robins

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
It is generally a better idea to research publishers before submitting to them than after--but better to research after submission but before signing a contract than after signing. Let us know what you find out, Jennifer. It would be good to have more information on this publisher.

Jennifer Robins

paranormal interest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferrobins.com
jenrob

The reason I don't believe they are a POD is from the info in the Writers Market. they only put out about 8-10 books a year(as of the 2003 edition) and I think POD publishers like PA put out much more than that. Most of their books are in hard cover. There are a few with ranking numbers under 1.000,000. Don't worry, I'm not about to make another mistake. I'll see what they have to offer, that is if they want to put my novel out.

Jennifer Robins

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I see your reasoning. Keep in mind, though, that "POD" and "vanity press" are different things (though many vanity presses are POD). You may be interested in checking out the explanations on Writer Beware.

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Of the approximately 500,000 manuscripts each year in search of a publisher, fewer than ten percent find their way into print.

Does this mean around or less than 50,000 get published through them? Am I reading that wrong?

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Remember that this isn't a lottery; the results aren't determined by luck.

If you've written a terrible manuscript it isn't going to get bought no matter how many times you send it out.

LloydBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydwrites.com
James D. Macdonald said:
Remember that this isn't a lottery; the results aren't determined by luck.

If you've written a terrible manuscript it isn't going to get bought no matter how many times you send it out.

And in the end, they form-lettered me anyway.

I'm about to give up on my shopping around and go with the bird in the hand.

It has been somewhat disappointing to fail to sell this book on which I know so much and have something of a platform already as opposed to the idle curiosity that got so much publisher attention a few years ago.

Jennifer Robins

paranormal interest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferrobins.com
jenrob

I heard from Glenbridge Publishing today and they are not going with my book. So..........back to the list. I still don't know much more about them from what I said before. At least I know they are not taking just anything like PA does.

Jennifer Robins

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site gone. Last book published 15.