The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Rare Bird Books

[Publisher] Rare Bird Books

My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter Articles and writing tips for YA, inspirational quotes for writers and cats

FIX ME Goodreads Giveaway

Want to read FIX ME right now?

Just the facts, please
    There're two different distribution statements:

All Rare Bird Books titles are distributed in the United States through Cameron + Company, Ingram, and Baker & Taylor.

and

All Rare Bird Books titles are distributed in the U.S. by Publishers Group West.

Maybe they changed distributors and forgot to update the site?
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter Articles and writing tips for YA, inspirational quotes for writers and cats

A cat may not look at a king kellion92's Avatar
    Cameron + Company is distributed by Publishers Group West, so perhaps Rare Bird goes through PGW via C+C.

I don't know, but they sure have some unique books out. Definitely a pub to watch. I sent my query in. I didn't see the writer's guidelines, so hopefully I'll get a response. I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the feedback.

L, let me know what happens too. I'm going to look them up. I gather they might have legit distribution or at least fulfillment.

tri

Behind the door of a small house.
    I'm guessing, given the publisher's (Tyson Cornell) history and the scope of the books available, they probably aren't taking queries as much as they are doing books they've heard about and are passionate about coming through the word-of-mouth of their existing network of author friends and cultural mavens. Tyson worked with many literary heavyweights when he was at Book Soup and the biographies of the authors he's working with are pretty distinguished. I think this will be another company that doesn't have submission guidelines because it isn't actively "looking."
    Last edited by Round Two; 03-23-2014 at 12:14 PM.