• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader wanted for YA sci-fi novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlion

Absorbing inspiration from the moon
Registered
Reaction score
I've been working on a YA science fiction novel for a while now (I rewrote it last year and have been reworking and editing it since). I'm fairly sure it's at the point when I can think about querying it, however I'm concerned about certain aspects of the plot (mostly a couple of plot twists which happen towards the end and the ending itself) and the clarity of the writing.

The MS is approximately 74,000 words and there is some violence towards the end (nothing too graphic, but it might not be for everyone).

A brief summary (part of the query letter) :

In an island city, sixteen-year-old thief Vic is planning his escape. Rumour has it that ruthless dictator William Faror is 'disappearing' kids right off the street, and Vic is determined that neither he nor his sister will be around long enough to find out why.

That's until he's offered a job rescuing kids from Faror's secret prison. Doing a good deed and getting paid enough to bribe his way off the island seems too good to be true – but when his sister is kidnapped, his determination turns to desperation. Convinced she's being held with the others, Vic rushes to save her.

I'm currently not able to do any MS swaps, however from the beginning of July, I will be free (at the moment, I'm studying abroad, but I'll be back home then).

If you're interested, please PM me and I can send you the first few chapters/synopsis to see if you want to continue.

Last edited:

TMCan

Registered
Reaction score
What is your timeline of wanting the beta done and how in depth do you want it?

owlion

Absorbing inspiration from the moon
Registered
Reaction score
Preferably any time before July and however in-depth as the beta felt was necessary. I don't want to push any strict guidelines on anyone offering to help, I'd appreciate any comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.