Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Donaghy Literary Group

[Agency] Donaghy Literary Group

Website is here: http://www.donaghyliterary.com/representation.html

Anyone know anything about Stacy Donaghy? She's started her own agency, and as far as I can tell, her only experience is a stint with Corvisiero Literary Agency. Corvisiero's thread on this forum mostly talks about how they had a "pay for editing" business on the side. I can't find any record of sales for Stacey Donaghy, and I find her website a little off-putting.

"With over twenty-two years of experience and formal training in Adult Education, Management, and Social Services, Stacey brings a wealth of technical and professional experience to the literary world."

That just makes me think, "but what about your agent/ publishing experience?"

She's actively seeking new clients, and has quite a list of "pending" sales on her site.

Anyone have any information? I admit to being rather skeptical when it's an agent I've not heard of, but perhaps my google-fu is weak and I'm just not finding her sales. Or maybe it was this sentence from her site: "Some of Stacey's first-time and self-published authors are bestsellers."

Why would one need an agent to self publish? Is that a thing? Why?
    <--current Kindle Scout campaign
    My blog: Pictures and Words

Human, last I checked
    If there's a bright center to the universe...
    She has made some good sales in NA especially. Some of her sales are still listed on the Corvisiero site, and I believe one of them was a "significant" deal for three books.

You don't need an agent to self-publish. But I know some authors who get an agent and then are unable to find a publisher for the book choose to self-publish. Why not? I don't think Stacey or any agent would go straight to self-publishing without even trying to sell it.

The wording there is unclear too... "first time or self-published authors" could mean authors who self-published BEFORE signing with her, and found an agent for a later book, not necessarily authors whom she helped to self-publish.

My personal experience with her is pretty limited... I queried, she rejected. But it did seem like a personal response. I got the impression that she read and responded to my query herself... so that's nice. I haven't personally seen anything I'd call a red flag. Check out her sales on the Corvisiero site. She's only been on her own for a few months, so most if not all of her sales were there.

The Announcements page has some reputable deals on it. Her client Kevin Craig is one of our own.

She's actively seeking new clients, and has quite a list of "pending" sales on her site.

Anyone have any information? I admit to being rather skeptical when it's an agent I've not heard of, but perhaps my google-fu is weak and I'm just not finding her sales. Or maybe it was this sentence from her site: "Some of Stacey's first-time and self-published authors are bestsellers."
    I wasn't able to find those "pending" sales you mentioned, just the additional available rights under the deal announcements.

The deals page does clarify what she means by "bestseller", though. (Bold my own.)

Jay crafted three amazing stories under the HarperCollins William Morrow imprint. Readers love The Marked Men Series with her first book, RULE, an Amazon Top 100 bestseller.
    K.A. Tucker's four book deal with Simon & Schuster Atria Imprint began with the first book in the series TEN TINY BREATHS, an overnight success and Amazon e-Kindle best seller.
    Nothing on the page jumps out to me as a red flag. She's a new-ish agency but she's already securing some very nice deals. Donaghy Literary Group seems to have a focus on turning Kindle bestsellers into trade deals, and it's quite interesting to see literary agencies adapting to the new self-pub landscape.
    Last edited by EMaree; 03-14-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    Website/Blog | Twitter | Instagram (Dog Pics!)
    New avatar by Britt. Still the same teademon.

WIP1
    GB (Scottish MG Fantasy) | WIP2 DtS (M/M British Urban Fantasy)
    Resting: Giant Robots Project

Has semi-colon; will use it! jtrylch13's Avatar
    Queried Valerie Noble with YA Post-Apocalyptic on 10/19/14. Received a personal rejection on 11/24/14. She was really nice and said how much she loved my sample, but didn't think she could sell YA PA right now. I will definitely be querying her in the future.
    Represented by Valerie Noble at Donaghy Literary Group
    Red Dawn + Xmen
    (YA SF) WIP
    THEY CHOSE THE STARS
    (YA Sci-fi) On Submission
    I HAVE NO NAME (YA Post-apocalyptic Survival) - Sitting on top of the trunk, afraid to go in . . .
    Serra Craft and the Keeper of Wilhelmina's Treasure (MG Fantasy) - Trunked

Facebook Pinterest Blog Twitter

*insert catchy phrase here* BarbaraSheridan's Avatar
    Queried Stacey with an NA 3/18 received a full request 4/19.
    ~Barbara Sheridan~
    Barb's website
    Falling Through Glass ~ On sale now! Paperback and ebook

Check out the "story behind the story", too.

I queried Sue Miller 8-11 and got a full request a few days ago. They definitely have some good sales. I'm hopeful for now. I just hope she's not a non responder.
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter Articles and writing tips for YA, inspirational quotes for writers and cats

FIX ME Goodreads Giveaway

Want to read FIX ME right now?

This thread hasn't been posted in in so long that you can no longer search for it using key words like "Donaghy." After this, you will be able to.

You now query these agents using Query Manager. Can't say about the others', but the form for Valerie Noble requests a query, synopsis, 10 pages, AND 1-paragraph pitch. I aimed for 3 sentences for the 1-paragraph pitch, though I could have used a polished version of my #pitmad pitch in 2.
    Last edited by Sage; 07-15-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    Help me retitle my YA fantasy Jack Frost story!

I am the prince of Winter. My heart is of ice.
    And he's been slowly melting it for years.

practical experience, FTW Pisco Sour's Avatar
    Last year I queried Sue Miller with (now trunked) space opera genre-mash up: 06.07.16
    Form rejection 04.09.16

So, almost two months which wasn't too bad in terms of waiting times.

I will try again with new novel when I'm home from my holiday.