• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] ICM Partners (formerly International Creative Management)

Marika

Registered
Reaction score
(I've been lurking for a while, following everyone's experiences with ICM.)

Congrats MissesDash!!

MokoBunny

Registered
Reaction score
Oh man CAA, UTA, Paradigm, William Morris, ICM! They're the big ones! My screenwriter side is like drooling right now XD

You hit gold :D missesdash!

*jumps up and down

Lydia Sharp

for the love of love
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lydiasharp.blogspot.com
Can someone verify which email address to use when querying Tina Wexler? I don't see one listed anywhere (not even on AgentQuery) despite details on *how* to e-query her. I found this one [email protected]... but it was on an old old old interview. Not sure if it's still in use, but she's obviously still open to queries, so. Anyone? I don't even see one listed in this thread. :Shrug: Where are you all sending your queries?

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Can someone verify which email address to use when querying Tina Wexler? I don't see one listed anywhere (not even on AgentQuery) despite details on *how* to e-query her. I found this one [email protected]... but it was on an old old old interview. Not sure if it's still in use, but she's obviously still open to queries, so. Anyone? I don't even see one listed in this thread. :Shrug: Where are you all sending your queries?

That's her email. It's up on querytracker too.

BaldEagle

Registered
Reaction score
How are you doing this?

I must be misunderstanding something...I've read through this thread and it appears that some of you have simply queried ICM cold. Is that true? If not how are you getting referred in? I'm just confused because their web site seems pretty hard core. (No matter how you're doing it, I'm impressed by the way!) Quote: "ICM has a policy that neither it nor any of its agents or other employees shall accept or consider any unsolicited material, ideas or suggestions of any nature whatsoever ("Unsolicited Materials"). Accordingly, you may notICM has a policy that neither it nor any of its agents or other employees shall accept or consider any unsolicited material, ideas or suggestions of any nature whatsoever ("Unsolicited Materials"). Accordingly, you may not use this website or information obtained there from to submit Unsolicited Materials to ICM via any means (including, without limitation, via mail, fax or e-mail). Should you nevertheless contravene this express prohibition by sending Unsolicited Materials to ICM, please be advised that the Unsolicited Materials will not be considered by anyone at ICM, and if possible they will be returned to you with no copies kept. Unsolicited Materials will not be forwarded to or discussed with any third parties use this website or information obtained there from to submit Unsolicited Materials to ICM via any means (including, without limitation, via mail, fax or e-mail). Should you nevertheless contravene this express prohibition by sending Unsolicited Materials to ICM, please be advised that the Unsolicited Materials will not be considered by anyone at ICM, and if possible they will be returned to you with no copies kept. Unsolicited Materials will not be forwarded to or discussed with any third parties."

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Tina Wexler has made it clear in interviews and on Twitter that despite what the ICM page states, she is open to queries. When Michelle Humphrey was there, she had said that too. I'm unsure on other agents. But once you investigate the individual agent you're interested in, it's not too hard to find their contact info and guidelines.

Marika

Registered
Reaction score
Baldeagle,

Usually by unsolicited materials they mean manuscripts. In other words, they don't want you to send a manuscript unless they solicit it (i.e., ask you to send it). But their agents can and do ask for manuscripts if they like your query, etc. You can check QueryTracker to find out which agents at ICM are taking queries, etc.

My experience: I queried Kate Lee in October, then she requested the full manuscript. Now I'm waiting to hear back.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Most of the agents at ICM don't take unsolicited queries. The ones who do (bold is snail mail only):

Andrea Barzvi, Lisa Bankoff , Jennifer Joel, Kate Lee and Tina Wexler.

bunderful

Registered
Reaction score
Most of the agents at ICM don't take unsolicited queries. The ones who do (bold is snail mail only):

Andrea Barzvi, Lisa Bankoff , Jennifer Joel, Kate Lee and Tina Wexler.

I got an exclusive full request from Lisa Bankoff via an unsolicited non-referred e-query...

My MS was rejected...but I'm just sharing my experience.

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Query sent

Sent Tina an email query this afternoon. Will post back when I hear a response.

Happy New Year!
Bryan

glyka

Registered
Reaction score
Geneva (Switzerland), Athens (Greece), New York Ci
Panicked!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, just started sending query letters 3 days ago (decided to start doing it in 2012, since 2011 has been a crappy year!).

I sent a query to Kate Lee at ICM and got a request for the manuscript less than an hour later...and panicked!

The truth is I never expected such a quick response...hell, I never expected to get a request for the manuscript until I'd queried about 200 agents! My problem is that I realized I hadn't ironed out some mistakes, typos, and above all the dialogue punctuation!

I did what I could within 2 hours and sent her the manuscript: but I'm afraid it will make me look very unprofessional:scared:

And then I also worry: should I have sent the MS by snail mail? Is that what she wanted? She just said "Please send me the manuscript. Thank you."???

So I sent it in a word attachment, Times New Roman, aligned left (yuk), 12pt, double-spaced and asked her if she wanted it in another form...

Big sigh! I though writing was the hard part, but I'm beginning to realize that trying to get published is a sort of search for the Graal...

Anyone have any ideas whether these mistakes are hugely important?

Tks!

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like you weren't quite ready to query. The MS should be clean before you send off a single letter.

You also should probably do a little more research on what's standard. If you'd done that, you'd know she meant an e-query unless she specifies otherwise. You'd also know a lot of writers take a day (or sometimes more) to make one last check of their MS before they send it off.

All that said, doesn't sound like you made any major mistakes. Assuming you caught all the errors, you should be fine. But in the future try not to rush. You only get one first impression. You need to look like you know what you're doing.

glyka

Registered
Reaction score
Tks for your answer, Missesdash! You're absolutely right, of course, I should have made sure the Ms was perfect, but I really wasn't prepared for such a quick answer. I've been looking at writers' forums and I was expecting a (positive) answer to take a few weeks...which would give me time to correct this punctuation problem.

As for the rest, typos, etc...the problem is that no matter how many times I read my Ms, I always find something to correct!

Oh well...I guess I'll just wait and see!

Tks for the advice

glyka

Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear, oh dear...got another request for the MS just now (early risers, these agents!) and you are SO right Missesdash, I should have been more prepared! I could kick myself! I'm scrambling to read the Ms for umpteenth time and try to get those dam dialogues right and catch the small stupid mistakes, and now I get the feeling it's a race against time...
What's better, sending the MS warts and all, or taking one or two days to check it thoroughly?