• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Endeavour Media (formerly Endeavour Press)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I don't know on what basis they claim "Endeavour Press is the UK’s leading independent digital publisher"--but based on what is on the website I am not sure I would even put them in the top 5.

alexaherself

Wordsmith and shoechick
Registered
Reaction score
They've updated their website considerably, recently. (I still don't like it all that much, myself, but I'm a real critic of publishers' websites and that therefore isn't saying very much at all).

I've been "watching" this company for a long time, am on their mailing-list and have bought several of their books.

I wish I personally knew a couple of authors published by them, but I just don't. :eek:

It's easy to make mistakes, when looking completely from the outside, but I must say that they seem to be pretty high-volume publishers with a rather impressive list. Everything about their books, in so far as one can tell, seems very professional, to me. I'm perfectly willing to be proven wrong about this, but my current perspective is that I really wouldn't be at all surprised if they genuinely are "The UK's leading independent digital publisher". (It's not such a huge claim to fame, after all?). I'm slightly impressed by what I see of these people.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I'm gonna try a military espionage thriller with them and see wuss up. They also do reprints (e-book) on rights-returned books. That's worth a shot too.

They are a little bragadocious, but it might be well earned. They do have some experienced/educated staff on their side, and that's always a plus.

tri

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I haven't seen or heard of anything recently. If they claim to be the largest UK, they might have to fight it out with Totally Entwined for the championship title and top 100 bestseller list for dozens of books. I will now give them another gander and see wuss up. Good luck to anyone who has spilled publishing ink with them.

Donna Pudick

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
We've sold two books to them, one from a beginner, and one from a seasoned big-house author. In both cases, the authors were given very good editorial advice, and the contract was acceptable. It IS only for ebook, however, and they don't eventually print them. The contracts were just signed, however, and I'll keep you up to date as to how things work out.

jennyone1

Registered
Reaction score
I had a bad experience with Endeavour. I sent an email asking if they'd look at my novella in 2013. One of their decision makers said to send it in. I did and very soon afterwards I got an email from someone else at the publisher turning down my book. They did however helpfully suggest that if I gave someone who did work for them £500 they'd format my book as an ebook and publicise it. I declined. The person they named as offering this service was the original person I queried.

I was so angry as it stunk of vanity publishing to me. I still have that email.

MrsRussell

Registered
Reaction score
Endeavour Press now in liquidation

As up until this morning I was under contract to Endeavour Press. Have since received emails to say that Endeavour Press has gone into liquidation but will be reopening its doors as Endeavour Media with the same staff and, hopefully, authors: all very positive about business models and moving forward,but making it clear that "creditors will be paid".

As this isn't being widely publicised on their website and they say they're still open to submissions, I would be approaching with circumspection.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
As of this morning, website states:

To whom it may concern

Please be advised that Nick Myers and Henry Shinners, both of Smith & Williamson LLP, were appointed joint liquidators of Endeavour Press Limited (“the Company”) when it entered members’ voluntary liquidation (“MVL”) on 31 January 2018.

An MVL is a solvent winding-up of a company, whereby the directors have made a declaration of solvency to the effect that all of the company’s debts will be paid in full, together with statutory interest, within 12 months of the commencement of the liquidation.

Any and all royalties due now and in the future to authors and/or agents, will be paid in accordance with their contract agreements up to the date of when their book has been unpublished by the Company on the Amazon network.

We would advise that authors retain the copyright to their material and as such they may wish to enter into a new contract with another publishing company, to re-publish their book(s) once they have been unpublished with the Company. The liquidators can provide authors with the necessary files to do so, if required.

To assist with the process in the transition of re-publishing your book, authors may wish to contact Matthew Lynn of Endeavour Media Limited([email protected]), or Richard Foreman ([email protected]), either of whom would be happy to assist with re-publishing books through their (separate) companies.

I would also like to take this opportunity to advise that Henry Shinners and I are bound by the Insolvency Code of Ethics when carrying out all professional work relating to an insolvency appointment.

Should you have any questions in relation to the above, please do not hesitate to contact my colleague Zoe Percy on 0207 131 8938 or [email protected] who will be happy to assist.

Yours faithfully

Nick Myers

Joint Liquidator

Gerald Hornsby

Registered
Reaction score
Authors are being invited to transfer their books across, from Endeavour Press to Endeavour Media. It seems the whole back office team is transferring, too. They insist existing royalties will be paid, etc etc.

What do people think? I'm not with them, but I know someone who is.