AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Endeavour Press (UK)

Endeavour Press (UK)

I can't seem to find anything on the Water Cooler about this publisher in London. Does anyone have any information? http://endeavourpress.com/
    Many thanks
    My novel, "Perfect Score" was published by Awe-Struck Publishing. "Hewhay Hall" (a dark paranormal novel) by Etopia Press

Blog: http://www.susanroebuck.com

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    I don't know on what basis they claim "Endeavour Press is the UK’s leading independent digital publisher"--but based on what is on the website I am not sure I would even put them in the top 5.
    Emily Veinglory

Quote Originally Posted by veinglory View Post
    based on what is on the website I am not sure I would even put them in the top 5.
    It is a bit bare, isn't it?
    My novel, "Perfect Score" was published by Awe-Struck Publishing. "Hewhay Hall" (a dark paranormal novel) by Etopia Press

Wordsmith and shoechick alexaherself's Avatar
    They've updated their website considerably, recently. (I still don't like it all that much, myself, but I'm a real critic of publishers' websites and that therefore isn't saying very much at all).

I've been "watching" this company for a long time, am on their mailing-list and have bought several of their books.

I wish I personally knew a couple of authors published by them, but I just don't.

It's easy to make mistakes, when looking completely from the outside, but I must say that they seem to be pretty high-volume publishers with a rather impressive list. Everything about their books, in so far as one can tell, seems very professional, to me. I'm perfectly willing to be proven wrong about this, but my current perspective is that I really wouldn't be at all surprised if they genuinely are "The UK's leading independent digital publisher". (It's not such a huge claim to fame, after all?). I'm slightly impressed by what I see of these people.

Researching History's Mysteries HistorySleuth's Avatar
    I am curious too since they do historical non-fiction. In one of my publishing type emails they were noted as being open for submissions.

Found one interesting article about them in the Guardian from last fall here. http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...books-baddeley
    Blog Twitter @HistorySleuth1
    From the History Press

A History of Native American Land Rights in Upstate New York
    On Amazon.

I'm gonna try a military espionage thriller with them and see wuss up. They also do reprints (e-book) on rights-returned books. That's worth a shot too.

They are a little bragadocious, but it might be well earned. They do have some experienced/educated staff on their side, and that's always a plus.

tri

Well, couldn't get through using richard@endeavorpress.com. I'll try another option to make the sub.

tri

Whoops. Strike that. It looks like a left out a "u" in the address. The correct one is richard@endeavourpress.com

tri--I give.

Unhappy

Good luck with the submission! (I got an R )

Any more on this publisher? The covers are awesome.

I haven't seen or heard of anything recently. If they claim to be the largest UK, they might have to fight it out with Totally Entwined for the championship title and top 100 bestseller list for dozens of books. I will now give them another gander and see wuss up. Good luck to anyone who has spilled publishing ink with them.

smart enough to know better
    We've sold two books to them, one from a beginner, and one from a seasoned big-house author. In both cases, the authors were given very good editorial advice, and the contract was acceptable. It IS only for ebook, however, and they don't eventually print them. The contracts were just signed, however, and I'll keep you up to date as to how things work out.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin jennyone1's Avatar
    I had a bad experience with Endeavour. I sent an email asking if they'd look at my novella in 2013. One of their decision makers said to send it in. I did and very soon afterwards I got an email from someone else at the publisher turning down my book. They did however helpfully suggest that if I gave someone who did work for them 500 they'd format my book as an ebook and publicise it. I declined. The person they named as offering this service was the original person I queried.

I was so angry as it stunk of vanity publishing to me. I still have that email.
    Words can create new worlds and change worlds.