• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Steel Pen Publishing

LordMark

Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Hi, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Does anyone know anything about this publisher? I’m thinking about submitting to them, but I’m a first-time author and I want to make sure this company is on the level. Anyone have experience with them? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LordMark[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.steelpenpublishing.com/submissions/[/FONT]

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Looks to me like this is a new company formed to publish works by a single author. There are only three books listed and they are all by the same author/illustrator team. The author appears to be one of the company's two principals (the other is someone named Jeannine, and I would be willing to bet she is the author's wife).

Only one of their books is available at Amazon (as a paperback). Digital copies of that book and the other two are available through the website. Apparently they are also selling their books through a single small bookstore in NJ.

With all that plus a 6 to 12 month submission turnaround, I wouldn't be in too big a hurry to submit here. Give them a year or so to see what else they produce.

ETA: Actually, two of their books are on Amazon.

Last edited:

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
[FONT=&quot]Hi, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Does anyone know anything about this publisher? I’m thinking about submitting to them, but I’m a first-time author and I want to make sure this company is on the level. Anyone have experience with them? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LordMark[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.steelpenpublishing.com/submissions/[/FONT]

I'd avoid, for all the reasons mrsmig states. I'd also note that the books on their list have dismal art and what I can see of the text is very, very pedestrian.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
[FONT=&quot]Does anyone know anything about this publisher? I’m thinking about submitting to them, but I’m a first-time author and I want to make sure this company is on the level. [/FONT]

What was it about this publisher that made you think about submitting to them?

Their books (which you read and enjoyed), their reputation, their sales?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Published another book in '14 (not by owner), but that was their last. Site's now gone, and promotion of it on FB ceased mid-'15.