The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Steel Pen Publishing

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Steel Pen Publishing

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about this publisher? I知 thinking about submitting to them, but I知 a first-time author and I want to make sure this company is on the level. Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks,
    LordMark

http://www.steelpenpublishing.com/submissions/

Write. Write. Writey Write Write. mrsmig's Avatar
    Looks to me like this is a new company formed to publish works by a single author. There are only three books listed and they are all by the same author/illustrator team. The author appears to be one of the company's two principals (the other is someone named Jeannine, and I would be willing to bet she is the author's wife).

Only one of their books is available at Amazon (as a paperback). Digital copies of that book and the other two are available through the website. Apparently they are also selling their books through a single small bookstore in NJ.

With all that plus a 6 to 12 month submission turnaround, I wouldn't be in too big a hurry to submit here. Give them a year or so to see what else they produce.

ETA: Actually, two of their books are on Amazon.
    Last edited by mrsmig; 02-24-2014 at 05:12 AM.
    KINGLET: Coming from FIERY SEAS PUBLISHING in August 2017

My Website:
    www.donnamigliaccio.com

And the occasional Tweet.

LordMark, what kind of books do you write? Maybe some people on here can steer you toward some legit publishers.
    Author of high-octane sci-fi, fantasy and horror!

www.tobytatestories.com Amazon

Represented by

Formerly Phantom of Krankor. Torgo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMark View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know anything about this publisher? I知 thinking about submitting to them, but I知 a first-time author and I want to make sure this company is on the level. Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks,
    LordMark

http://www.steelpenpublishing.com/submissions/
    I'd avoid, for all the reasons mrsmig states. I'd also note that the books on their list have dismal art and what I can see of the text is very, very pedestrian.

Back in the black, & staying there! Marian Perera's Avatar
    Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMark View Post
    Does anyone know anything about this publisher? I知 thinking about submitting to them, but I知 a first-time author and I want to make sure this company is on the level.
    What was it about this publisher that made you think about submitting to them?

Their books (which you read and enjoyed), their reputation, their sales?

"The novel has a dark, eerie, fairy-tale feel." Washington Post's review of The Beast Prince

AmazonWebsite

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Published another book in '14 (not by owner), but that was their last. Site's now gone, and promotion of it on FB ceased mid-'15.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: