Kindle App on Android Messed Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher'sWife

Crack that WIP!
Registered
Reaction score
in my own little corner, in my own little chair
For the last few months, when I open a book on my Kindle app on my Android, it will say at the bottom where I am in the book, ie: 1500 out of 2800, but the words of the book never show up. I can slightly see the "loading" swirly indicator in the middle of the blank screen, but the words never load. Also, this is a relatively new Verizon Enact (got it in September). Can anybody help?

SuspiciousCookie

Deliciously Ominous
Registered
Reaction score
Website
athousandkeystrokes.wordpress.com
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

If yes, can you try to screencap it and upload the image here, to see exactly what's going on? Most phones do that if you press the power-button and the volume down button at the same time.

Preacher'sWife

Crack that WIP!
Registered
Reaction score
in my own little corner, in my own little chair
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

If yes, can you try to screencap it and upload the image here, to see exactly what's going on? Most phones do that if you press the power-button and the volume down button at the same time.

Thank you so much! Uninstalling/reinstalling worked. I am NOT good at this smartphone stuff!

Deleted member 42

Five top secret IT support tips:

1. Is it plugged in?
  2. Is it turned on?
  3. Have you restarted?
  4. Have you cleared cookies and cache?
  5. Have you re-installed the app?

SuspiciousCookie

Deliciously Ominous
Registered
Reaction score
Website
athousandkeystrokes.wordpress.com
Thank you so much! Uninstalling/reinstalling worked. I am NOT good at this smartphone stuff!

It's okay. I sometimes try to find solutions too that don't require uninstalling/reinstalling, but honestly they usually either don't work or just aren't worth the trouble.

Also, you generally never have to worry about loss of saved data, since that tends to not be saved in the app/program itself. At least on PCs it's saved in My Documents and isn't deleted when you uninstall the program, in case you ever run into such a problem on a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.