• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Jennifer Azantian Literary Agency

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
I'm with Permuted Press. They have treated me very well - great editing, great cover art and decent marketing. They are a small house, but coming up in the world. Their contract terms were changed to be more author-friendly and they have always paid me on time. My releases are in paperback and eBook. Also, their books are distributed by Simon & Schuster, which is a plus when I'm trying to get books stocked for a book signing. I can't complain.

Last edited:

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
During the last DVPit Ms. Azantian 'liked' my pitch, but I didn't send her a query bc I read on her website that she only reps sci-fi fantasy. However, she 'liked' my (different) pitch for same book during recent Pitmad, so now I feel like it's 'karma'. lol. I've sent her the query and pages she requested, so here's to hoping she likes what she reads. I'll report back once I have news.

RaggedEdge

I can do this
Registered
Reaction score
Jennifer is my agent and I finally pulled up this thread so I could tell the world here at AW how great she is, as an agent and a person!

I signed with Jen in Sept 2017 after reaching out to several of her clients and hearing only great things. We did a couple rounds of revisions, and she was an excellent editor, making intelligent suggestions while letting me find my own way of implementing them. My book ultimately didn't sell, but that was more of a problem with market timing than any lack of effort on her part. I was very impressed with how many editors she sent it to, meaning she had developed working relationships with a long list of editors, and she provided me with their feedback in due time.

She is always kind and straightforward in her communication, and encouraging even as I'm going through evolutions as a writer (still working on my next MSs). She is just 100% devoted to this business and has built a healthy list of clients and writers. I highly recommend her to anyone interested!

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Alexandra Weiss with an MG fantasy: 4/27/22
Rejection: 7/14/22

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried Masha Gunic recently? I received a very nice R from her but am wondering if it's in fact a form R as so many are even if they sound personalized. I'm thinking it's her standard R response:

Thank you so much for sharing XXX with me, but this one’s just not quite right for my list. Though I think you have a very strong story here, I didn’t fall in love with it in the way I needed to in order to move forward. I do want you to know how difficult it was for me to pass on this one, and please know this is an extremely subjective industry and that tastes range widely. I’m sure another agent will feel differently, and you deserve someone who is completely passionate about your work.

I wish you the best of luck moving forward, and thank you for thinking of me.

Mevrouw Bee

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried Masha Gunic recently? I received a very nice R from her but am wondering if it's in fact a form R as so many are even if they sound personalized. I'm thinking it's her standard R response:

Thank you so much for sharing XXX with me, but this one’s just not quite right for my list. Though I think you have a very strong story here, I didn’t fall in love with it in the way I needed to in order to move forward. I do want you to know how difficult it was for me to pass on this one, and please know this is an extremely subjective industry and that tastes range widely. I’m sure another agent will feel differently, and you deserve someone who is completely passionate about your work.

I wish you the best of luck moving forward, and thank you for thinking of me.
Yeah it's a form. Just checked the comment on QueryTracker and someone else posted their rejection in 2022 and it's word for word exactly like yours.

Reactions: Woollybear