The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying Pig Media (formerly Lindstrom Literary Management)

practical experience, FTW funidream's Avatar

Flying Pig Media (formerly Lindstrom Literary Management)

Anyone have any info on dealing with Kristin Lindstrom at the Lindstrom Literary Group?

Who's going for a beer? waylander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by funidream
    Anyone have any info on dealing with Kristin Lindstrom at the Lindstrom Literary Group?
    I sent them a query a couple of months back - no reply yet.

I queried via email, got a request for a partial within two weeks, and received her rejection (with a handwritten note as to her reason) two weeks after that. Quite pleasant and professional.

figuring it all out
    Kristin Lindstrom's page at Publishers Marketplace looks quite good--plenty of recent sales to major pubs and nice talk about working closely with writers, developing long term relationships as careers progress etc.

Never submitted to her agency but it seems completely legit.

RC
    Last edited by rchastain; 03-06-2006 at 05:36 AM.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Yup, she's a keeper.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

The grad students did it NeuroFizz's Avatar
    I submitted a packet (query, writing sample, and synopsis) and she requested the full manuscript after a long delay (around two months). She is quite busy, and said it would take around two months, or slightly longer, for a response on the mansucript. I agree with others--she is a good one--so the wait is more than worth it (one way or the other).
    Phoenix (Historical - 2006)First Place, 2007 Arizona Authors Assoc. Book Awards Whiskey Creek Press
    Something Bad (Horror - 2007) Medallion Press. Silver Medal, 2008 IPPY awards, Horror category
    Rollicking Anthropomorphisms (Poetry Collection - 2008) 2009 EPPIE Award Finalist Whiskey Creek Press
    Agnes Hahn (Psychological Suspense 2008) Medallion Press Silver Medal, 2009 IPPY awards, Horror category
    Imola (Sequel to Agnes Hahn 2009) - Medallion Press
    3.99 (Psychological Suspense/Mystery 2012) - Musa 2014 EPIC e-book awards Finalist, Paranormal category

Does anyone know if this agency has a website?

The bones tell me...nothing.

(Willow)

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenan Mac
    Does anyone know if this agency has a website?
    Jenan,

Couldn't find one for her or the agency.

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

No site (yet), but here's her PM page: http://www.publishersmarketplace.com...rs/klindstrom/
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

bubbah4u
    Kristin represented me in my efforts to find a publisher for my book (Confessions of a Crabgrass Cowboy). Alas, her efforts were unsuccessful, but she did forward me copies of all the letters she received from prospective publishers. While they had lots of nice things to say about the manuscript none included the words, "we would like to publish this author's book." She's personable, thorough, and professional. Being from Annapolis, I'm not sure how plugged in she is to the publishing world here in NYC where being an insider counts for alot. She is, however, the real deal and a very nice person to boot.

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbah4u
    Being from Annapolis, I'm not sure how plugged in she is to the publishing world here in NYC where being an insider counts for alot. She is, however, the real deal and a very nice person to boot.
    With technology the way it is, being in NYC doesn't mean much anymore; having the inside contacts (from either working at an agency as a junior agent or being an editor at a publishing house) and being familiar with the publishing world is.

Just check out Kristin Nelson (she's out of Denver) - she does a lot of her work via email and the telephone. But Kristin does fly to NYC on a regular basis, keeps up with editors switching jobs...that sort of thing.

Good luck to you!

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

ICAO
    ---------

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Kristin Lindstrom

How does everyone feel about her not being in New York?

Has anyone else here actually worked with her?

CaoPaux, are you a client?

bubbah4u, are you still with her for your next project?

Just curious because she seems like a perfect fit for something. Thanks!

Absolutely Fazed
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonMcGees View Post
    How does everyone feel about her not being in New York!
    Not being in NY isn't a make-or-break deal if the agent has a good record of sales. A lot of stuff is done by phone and email these days anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonMcGees View Post
    CaoPaux, are you a client?
    Nope, sorry, I just like linking to things.
    ICAO
    ---------

Kristin just requested a full manuscript two days after receiving my query.

She said it could take "some weeks" before I hear from her and to let her know if I decide to sign with another agent while the ms is under her consideration.

No problemo. I got weeks. I got lots of weeks.
    Running On Empty available now.

The Right Hand Rule
    available now.
    My website

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but Ms. Lindstrom's guidelines for e-queries have me a little confused. For those of you who've e-queried her, did you paste three chapters & a synop into the body of the e-mail, or only send a query letter?

Her web site & PM page say to follow the same standards as snail queries, no unsolicited attachments; snail-guidelines are three/four chapters & a synopsis (obviously the SASE is a throw-away).

Thanks!
    ~C

practical experience, FTW
    I think you could do either. If your query is good and she wants to read more it is easy enough for her to ask. Good luck.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. kaitie's Avatar
    Is anyone else bothered by this wording:

Note that because we do not charge reading fees, no editorial comments or direction can be given on rejected submissions.
    That's from their submissions page. I'm sure she's legit and a nice person, but the ay this is put just makes me cringe. It almost sounds as if it's okay to charge reading fees as long as you give feedback, doesn't it? I mean, the charging of reading fees has nothing to do with getting actual feedback, right? I mean, I can understand not wanting people to write back asking for feedback, but still...why not just say "Please don't write back requesting feedback as we are unable to provide it?"

I don't know, this just bugged me and I wondered what other people thought.

ETA: My main concern is that someone new to the field might see this and think that if they wanted to receive feedback, the only way to do it would be to go to an agent who charged fees. And I think we can all see how that would be a really bad thing.
    Last edited by kaitie; 04-08-2010 at 01:24 PM.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Author or Princess's Avatar

wait time on a full

Kristin Lindstrom has had my full for almost 4 weeks. She said it would be "several weeks" for her to get back to me. Has anybody recently gotten the same response from her and can tell me how many weeks their "several" was?

I'd be thrilled for her to take me, and am trying to go with the "no news is good news" thing.

Thanks!

I can answer my own question. About 5 weeks from sending full to getting an offer, which I accepted.
    Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Congratulations, A or P!
    Running On Empty available now.

The Right Hand Rule
    available now.
    My website

You'll have to drop the "Princess" tag now. You're for real!

Congrats.

Thanks for the good wishes! Hasn't really sunk in yet.

A or P
    Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Tell me to leave. Please. honeysock's Avatar

Congratulations A or P!!!! That's fantastic news! Here's to a quick sale!

*lifts glass of champagne*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast