• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Seymour Agency

jagfiction

Registered
Reaction score
Just got a request for a partial last week. How long did she take to get back to you?

MadameApeFace

How do you work this crazy thing?
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! New kid, here - frequent lurker, first-time poster.

I queried Ms. Seymour via e-mail a few weeks ago and got a request for a 50-page partial, which she returned with a brief note advising me to rework the introduction and resubmit. I did as asked, and she has now requested the full on an exclusive basis.

I am thrilled, of course, but here is the catch: (Isn't there always a catch?) I have a full already out with another agent. I told Ms. Seymour I would let her know as soon as I had a response from him, but he has had it in his hands for 60 days and I haven't heard a peep. I believe the standard is 90 days (?) before you start checking on outstanding submissions, but I'm getting antsy and would like to strike while the iron is hot. Is it terribly gauche for me to request an update at 60 days? This is my first time, and I just don't want to bungle anything!

For those requesting information on recent dealings, I have found Ms. Seymour to be very prompt and polite, though her communications are extremely concise. I very much appreciated that she took the time to suggest the changes she did, because any honest-to-goodness feedback on the writing/structure of a manuscript is welcome, and it made me feel like she liked it enough for it to be worth a critique and a second look.

My two cents :)

VickCorren

Registered
Reaction score
The associate agent at this agency, Nicole Resciniti, has requested BOTH my fulls, through a mutual author friend. So, we'll see . . .

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com
I have a question: On their site Mary Sue is listed as children's. On their submission page it doesn't say no picture books. In my search I've found a difference between children's and PB (don't know why, but chidlren's usually just mean MG). Would you still query them?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not seeing where Mary Sue lists children's. Nicole lists YA/children's, though, which makes me think she prefers the older range/MG. The test, of course, would be researching how many PBs she's sold, if any.

VickCorren

Registered
Reaction score
Heard back on one of my fulls. Nicole wants some revisions before making a final decision. I'll dive into those right after the holidays are over.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Ms. Resciniti 1/18
Partial request (first 50 pages) received 1/24

YA science fiction

channywax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chansedg.blogspot.com
Congrats Krista!!! :D You are on fire! I noticed you received a partial turned full request as well!
I got a happy e-mail this morning from Ms. Resciniti! :)

Queried:1/24
Partial Request: 1/25

YA fantasy

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, honeysock and channywax! Yesterday was a good querying day :) And congratulations on your partial request, channywax! Good luck!

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
I queried Nicole yesterday.

ETA: I'm almost positive I sat with Ms. Seymour on a panel discussion when I was on faculty at the Glorieta Christian Writers Conference. I doubt she'd remember me, though; it was a few years ago.

Last edited:

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
I queried her on the 21st. No word yet, but still early.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Happy to hear it, MysteryScribe!

Jamiekswriter, yay!

foliogal

Registered
Reaction score
Another great interview, Krista. Thanks for posting!

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
A nice no from Nicole. Stings, but I've received other requests for partials this week, which helps.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I just received a request for an exclusive from Nicole. I have the full out with two other agents and one partial out. Not sure that I'll be able to grant the exclusive. But, I LOVE her energy!