Troll Email via Contact Us Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I got an email saying:

Mac Stone of Absolute Write is getting a very bad name in writers' circles. Check it out.
with a link.

Now how would anyone link my email address with absolutewrite? This makes me wonder if AW was hacked, and someone obtained a list of email addresses or even passwords. Is there any way to tell?

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
Now how would anyone link my email address with absolutewrite?

The book site in your sig has an email address available on the contact page, just two clicks away. Was it that one?

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Sorry 'bout that. This is a troll/group of trolls who've been emailing AWers through their websites after being banned multiple times under multiple sockpuppet identities.

She/they seem to mistakenly think you guys are actually here because you think I'm some sort of guru and I've lured you here with my Svengali-like powers -- so if they say enough weird and mean things about me on the internet, it'll wreck AW and I'll take the site down and go away forever...or something.

It's troll-logic. It doesn't really make any sense.

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
Intriguing. I'm curious as to how many folks have gotten emails thus far.

ETA - I'm also curious if it's only limited to emails through Contact Forms...anyone being harassed through Twitter, FB, etc.? :tongue

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
your Svengali-like powers are awesomesauce. I'm in your web. the call is coming from inside the web...

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry 'bout that. This is a troll/group of trolls who've been emailing AWers through their websites after being banned multiple times under multiple sockpuppet identities.

She/they seem to mistakenly think you guys are actually here because you think I'm some sort of guru and I've lured you here with my Svengali-like powers -- so if they say enough weird and mean things about me on the internet, it'll wreck AW and I'll take the site down and go away forever...or something.

It's troll-logic. It doesn't really make any sense.

That's quite sad actually, that someone would allow their bitterness to so consume them that they would go to these lengths to try pull you down.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
It is sad, ave. It is. I can't help but pity a life so devoid of real meaning that it becomes consumed with displaying bitterness for all the world to see.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
It is sad, ave. It is. I can't help but pity a life so devoid of real meaning that it becomes consumed with displaying bitterness for all the world to see.

I don't need your pity!

Oh, you meant someone else. Er...jolly good. Carry on. I''l just be over here.

*sound of footsteps, car door slamming, squealing tyres*

Flash80

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
You're nobody until you've been trolled :)
Although I am slightly disappointed that you're not a guru...*knocks down shrine*

Status
Not open for further replies.