• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I just want someone to yell at me when I don't write :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

little_e

Trust: that most precious coin.
Registered
Reaction score
I can yell back, too. :)

I don't care what you write. I'm not looking for beta-feedback because I'm not at that stage. It would be nice to discuss ideas and bounce plot-thoughts off each other if you feel like it. (I'm writing a high-fantasy thing with fae, goblins, trolls, humans, and the French Revolution, in case that sort of thing bores the crap out of you.) But mostly I just want someone who'll challenge me to stop wasting time on FB and get the damn thing written! And I will happily do the same in return for you. :)

Ice_Twin

Registered
Reaction score
Haha I know this feeling very well. I've had a whole day off and have managed to write just under 800 words. Yet I have also watched a lot of How I met your mother, cooked, washed and wasted a lot of time online. Feel free to shout at me. :D

LAgrunion

not to be taken seriously
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like to yell, or get yelled at.

But maybe we can go gather berries sometimes.

little_e

Trust: that most precious coin.
Registered
Reaction score
You are all so nice! :)
(Now get to work! Except for the donkey. He can do whatever he feels like until berries are in season.)

Thuro

I'm Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Git to work lazy ingrate. I've seen my grandmother with third degree arthritis type faster than you.
Kidding

On a related note I really need to get to work myself instead of wasting my time yelling at you.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
GET TO WORK, LITTLE_E. WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT? SOME OF US HAVE BEEN HARD AT WORK WATCHING BATTLESTAR GALACTICA ALL WEEKEND AND HERE YOU ARE-- wait. Ah, balls. I forgot watching excellent sci-fi doesn't automatically make writing happen.

LAgrunion

not to be taken seriously
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SOME OF US HAVE BEEN HARD AT WORK WATCHING BATTLESTAR GALACTICA ALL WEEKEND AND HERE YOU ARE-- wait. Ah, balls. I forgot watching excellent sci-fi doesn't automatically make writing happen.

BSG = Most awesome scifi TV series ever! I finished season 3. Trying to postpone season 4, cuz you know it's the last one so I must ration myself.

I'm so smitten with it that I make myself watch the current shows "Killer Women" and "Hawaii-Five-O" just to see Anders, Caprica Six, and Sharon.

And the show totally makes writing happen, at least in my head. It makes me want to write a book like it, except I'm too lame to actually write anything remotely close to the sheer unparalleled awesomeness that is BSG.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
BSG = Most awesome scifi TV series ever! I finished season 3. Trying to postpone season 4, cuz you know it's the last one so I must ration myself.

I'm so smitten with it that I make myself watch the current shows "Killer Women" and "Hawaii-Five-O" just to see Anders, Caprica Six, and Sharon.

And the show totally makes writing happen, at least in my head. It makes me want to write a book like it, except I'm too lame to actually write anything remotely close to the sheer unparalleled awesomeness that is BSG.

Haha, I'm exactly the same -- just finished S3 yesterday (such an awesome ending *hums 'All along the watchtower'*) and now I'm actually getting writing work done to avoid watching S4, because I don't want the good times to end.

A new BBC show, The Muskateers, recently had James Callis in it (playing Gaius, naturally -- he seems to have a Mark Sheppard-ish habit of being the same character no matter who he plays) and it made my day.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
I think AW needs to have a like button..

Everything in life needs a like button! In this case though, you could use reputation points or whatever they're called. Only difference is they're private.

Anyway, I need a yelling buddy too. Sigh. So many books (to read and write) but SO MANY distractions.

Niiicola

Twitchy
Registered
Reaction score
I'm starting to think I need somebody to come to my house and hit me/administer mild electric shocks when I don't write. And I mean that in a completely non-kinky way. Ergh.

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
Screaming increases my endorphins. I'm more than happy to donate a few screams to a good cause.

WRITE DAMMIT! SIT YOUR LAZY BUTT DOWN AND WRITE! DON'T YOU KNOW HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOUR OPPORTUNITIES? WRITE RIGHT NOW!

Let me know if it works for you. It never works for me. *sighs* But on the bright side, I can feel those endorphins! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.