• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Epress-Online

BJ Bourg

Flash Bang Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bjbourg.com
My experiences with ePress-Online

I published my first book through ePress-Online. It's a book of short stories titled "Absent the Soul". It’s available electronically and in print. They use Lulu as their printer and they sell their electronic books through Fictionwise. The quality of their print books is outstanding. As for advertising, they provide an author page on their website, they do author interviews and post them at several places on the Internet, and they post announcements in various places.

I started by submitting my work and, if memory serves me, I had a short wait before receiving an acceptance. I had to wait a little longer after that to get to work with an editor, because they were busy on other books. When I was finally assigned editors (three of them), things began to move a little quicker. The editing process was exhaustively thorough, but pleasant. All three editors were very professional and they provided invaluable insight. They did their editing job as far as making corrections and suggestions, but they also told me what they liked about the stories.

I signed the contract with them on March 21st, 2005 (my son’s birthday:), and the book was completed in June of that year. I was very pleased and satisfied with the final product. Every member with whom I’ve dealt has acted with utmost professionalism. My entire experience has been a pleasant one and I haven’t had to pay a cent for anything. I get royalties periodically (I’m not making a million, but I *am* getting paid:) and I can purchase discounted author copies. I also got to decide on my own cover art. In fact, my wife created it and I was very happy about that.

If anyone has any other questions, they can contact me at [email protected]. I’d be happy to answer any questions.

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to them and got a series of e-mails from the first editor, Roger. He told me what he didn't like in no uncertain terms, but decided that the book had merit and could be improved. It's in the second editor's hands now, but it's been about a week since I heard from them last.

His suggestions for changes were all good and I am going to amalgamate most of them, whether they take the book or not.

Regards,

Scott

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. Sorry, it took me a time to reply but I haven't been on this site for a while - busy with other things unfortunately.

Thank you for your mail, BJ, and congratulations.

BJ Bourg

Flash Bang Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bjbourg.com
Carmy said:
Thank you for your replies. Sorry, it took me a time to reply but I haven't been on this site for a while - busy with other things unfortunately.

Thank you for your mail, BJ, and congratulations.

It's a pleasure!

bjb

mara_jade3

Broken Pixie
Registered
Reaction score
Hey. I'm new here. (This is actually my first post! Yay!) lol Anyway, ePress' senior fantasy editor Joan McNulty Pulver has been wonderful so far. I submitted my manuscript and she replied in about two days. My book was about 200 words over their word count limit. She actually went into detail about suggestions for bringing it down because she really liked my premise. (I suppose she read the synopsis anyway included even though I was over limit).

So far I find this place wonderful and am hoping to learn more about them, but I do plan to resubmit soon with the lowered word count.

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Mara. It's great to hear of one of "them" willing to be pliable.

Good luck!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
As they are selling only via fictionpress and Lulu.com I wouldn't expect huge sales volume. But feel free to correct me on that. I shop at both places but only a limited number of general potential customers will.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Which one? The 9/07 update works for me.

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Today it works. Yesterday I got a 404 message.

VeggieChick

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody have any new info on these folks? mara_jade3: did you ever get your book published there? And BJ Bourg, are you still selling?

Joan

Registered
Reaction score
ePress-online, Inc.

My name is Joan and I am the Acquisitions Director of ePress-online. See this page for a list of our staff. http://www.epress-online.com/meet-the-staff.htm

This page to find out more about us: http://www.epress-online.com/about-us.htm

Here is a link to our submission guidelines: http://www.epress-online.com/submission-guidelines.htm

We accept submissions in the following genres of fiction:

U.S. Historical Fiction
Mystery (as well as all sub-genres and cross-overs)
Science Fiction
Fantasy

We also accept non-fiction queries.

raegenhare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sherigormley.com
Is ePress-online out of business?

I was following a book from an author at ePress-online, and when I went to their website it said the owner had died in August and they were closed?

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Looks pretty clear that it closed after the death of the owner. What sort of information are you looking for?