The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Epress-Online

banned as an incurable tosspot

Question Epress-Online

I visited their site (via Ralan). On this page I found they sell via LULU. http://www.epress-online.com/authors.html

Does anyone have any information on E-Press?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    http://www.epress-online.com/about.html#b

Looks to be the ebook arm of a writers' organization.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

My experiences with ePress-Online

I published my first book through ePress-Online. It's a book of short stories titled "Absent the Soul". Itís available electronically and in print. They use Lulu as their printer and they sell their electronic books through Fictionwise. The quality of their print books is outstanding. As for advertising, they provide an author page on their website, they do author interviews and post them at several places on the Internet, and they post announcements in various places.

I started by submitting my work and, if memory serves me, I had a short wait before receiving an acceptance. I had to wait a little longer after that to get to work with an editor, because they were busy on other books. When I was finally assigned editors (three of them), things began to move a little quicker. The editing process was exhaustively thorough, but pleasant. All three editors were very professional and they provided invaluable insight. They did their editing job as far as making corrections and suggestions, but they also told me what they liked about the stories.

I signed the contract with them on March 21st, 2005 (my sonís birthday:-), and the book was completed in June of that year. I was very pleased and satisfied with the final product. Every member with whom Iíve dealt has acted with utmost professionalism. My entire experience has been a pleasant one and I havenít had to pay a cent for anything. I get royalties periodically (Iím not making a million, but I *am* getting paid:-) and I can purchase discounted author copies. I also got to decide on my own cover art. In fact, my wife created it and I was very happy about that.

If anyone has any other questions, they can contact me at bjbourg@bjbourg.com. Iíd be happy to answer any questions.
    BJ Bourg

www.bjbourg.com
    JAMES 516 (Mystery/Suspense)
    THE SEVENTH TAKING (Mystery/Suspense)
    BUT NOT FORGOTTEN (Mystery/Suspense)
    HOLLOW CRIB (Mystery/Suspense)
    Twitter: @BJBourg
    Facebook: BJBourg

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us at AW Requiescat In Pace Popeyesays's Avatar
    I submitted to them and got a series of e-mails from the first editor, Roger. He told me what he didn't like in no uncertain terms, but decided that the book had merit and could be improved. It's in the second editor's hands now, but it's been about a week since I heard from them last.

His suggestions for changes were all good and I am going to amalgamate most of them, whether they take the book or not.

Regards,

Scott
    [B]Okay, damnit, I blog [URL]http://cscottsaylorsbooks.blogspot.com/[/URL][/B]
    [B]Sword of the Dajjal[/B] e-book, [SIZE=2]Published by BooksForABuck.com May, 2007 ISBN: 978-1-602-052-2 [URL]http://www.booksforabuck.com/sfpages/sf_07/sword_dajjal.html[/URL][/SIZE]
    Out in print early 2008 from Blu Phi'er[URL="http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook47261.htm?cached"][/URL]
    [B]Jars of Doom[/B] out mid 2008 from Blu Phi'er
    [URL]http://www.bluphier.com/[/URL]

Good luck! I hope to see your book there.

bjb
    BJ Bourg

www.bjbourg.com

Thank you for your replies. Sorry, it took me a time to reply but I haven't been on this site for a while - busy with other things unfortunately.

Thank you for your mail, BJ, and congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmy
    Thank you for your replies. Sorry, it took me a time to reply but I haven't been on this site for a while - busy with other things unfortunately.

Thank you for your mail, BJ, and congratulations.
    It's a pleasure!

bjb
    BJ Bourg

www.bjbourg.com

ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Thanks for the update.

Talking

Hey. I'm new here. (This is actually my first post! Yay!) lol Anyway, ePress' senior fantasy editor Joan McNulty Pulver has been wonderful so far. I submitted my manuscript and she replied in about two days. My book was about 200 words over their word count limit. She actually went into detail about suggestions for bringing it down because she really liked my premise. (I suppose she read the synopsis anyway included even though I was over limit).

So far I find this place wonderful and am hoping to learn more about them, but I do plan to resubmit soon with the lowered word count.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edits: The Thirteenth Star
    WIP: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea: The Lives of Anne Bonny & Mary Read

My cat dresses himself. I don't ask.

Thanks Mara. It's great to hear of one of "them" willing to be pliable.

Good luck!

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon Saskatoonistan's Avatar
    Hmmmmm.... no ISBN's?

My Website. Twitter.

AGENTED - AUGUST 24,2010 WOOT!!! AGENTED AGAIN February 2015! WOOT! WOOT!

"POLTERGEEKS is absolutely everything you could possibly want in YA fantasy!" STARBURST MAGAZINE

"Sean Cummings is a master of the dark fantastic. His writing brims with soul, guts, and a dark wit sharp enough to draw blood.Ē Chris F. Holm, award winning author of The Collector Books

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    As they are selling only via fictionpress and Lulu.com I wouldn't expect huge sales volume. But feel free to correct me on that. I shop at both places but only a limited number of general potential customers will.
    Emily Veinglory

CaoPaux' link didn't work for me. This is the submissions page: http://www.epress-online.com/submission-guidelines.htm

Finally getting back to marketing. Let's see what happens.

Which one? The 9/07 update works for me.
    ICAO
    ---------

Today it works. Yesterday I got a 404 message.

practical experience, FTW VeggieChick's Avatar
    Does anybody have any new info on these folks? mara_jade3: did you ever get your book published there? And BJ Bourg, are you still selling?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Smile ePress-online, Inc.

My name is Joan and I am the Acquisitions Director of ePress-online. See this page for a list of our staff. http://www.epress-online.com/meet-the-staff.htm

This page to find out more about us: http://www.epress-online.com/about-us.htm

Here is a link to our submission guidelines: http://www.epress-online.com/submission-guidelines.htm

We accept submissions in the following genres of fiction:

U.S. Historical Fiction
    Mystery (as well as all sub-genres and cross-overs)
    Science Fiction
    Fantasy

We also accept non-fiction queries.

Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces KyraDune's Avatar
    Has anybody had any recent experience with this publisher?
    Fantasy Fiction Author

http://kyradune.weebly.com/

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin raegenhare's Avatar

Is ePress-online out of business?

I was following a book from an author at ePress-online, and when I went to their website it said the owner had died in August and they were closed?

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks.
    ----------------------------------------
    Sheri Gormley

Looks pretty clear that it closed after the death of the owner. What sort of information are you looking for?
    ICAO
    ---------