Youtube Audiobooks

dontpanic

and carry a towel
Registered
Reaction score
Hello AW!

I hope this is the appropriate section, but I was wondering whether you guys think there is an audience for Youtube Audiobooks? I've done some work with Librivox (fantastic resource for copyright lapsed works) and I was thinking of putting some solo projects on my Youtube channel.

I'm planning to read aloud works whose copyright has lapsed, because I know some people naughtily read more popular current books. There are already some Youtube audiobooks from what I can tell, but they really vary in quality and the best ones tend to be from Librivox recordings.

Do you think this would be a worthwhile project? Thanks :)

Charging Boar

Registered
Reaction score
It seems like it may have a chance. I've tried listening to YouTube audio-books before, but the clips are cut every 15 minutes. I know there's a way to get the ability to upload longer videos, and if you have that, I'd say give it a try. It is extremely annoying having to click a different video every so often.

That said, I listen to audio-books all the time. Some people only listen when they go for a run or to the gym, so they wouldn't use YouTube, but more likely something they download to their phone. Again, give it a try, but don't expect mad success.

If you go for it, post the link here, I'd like to check it out.