• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader for Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a beta reader for my fantasy novel. If you want to have a look at the first half of the first chapter, just to get a sense of style, it's posted in SYW here.

This is a prequel for my as-yet-unpublished fantasy series. The next two books in the series are already finished, but I wrote this novel for NaNo2013, more as an exercise than anything. However, the deeper I got into it the more I wondered if it might be a viable beginning for the series. I've had my usual cadre of betas look at it, but since they've already read the next two books I can't tell yet if this one can stand on its own little feet.

I'm not really looking for a LBL, although if you notice any consistent grammar or punctuation errors I'd be happy to have them pointed out. What I really want to know is if the plot makes sense and if the characters' motivations and actions seem logical. Ultimately, I want to know if you would want to read more about these characters.

I'm fairly thick-skinned, but if your crit style is snarky, we probably won't be a great match.

The MS is about 71,200 and I promise it's a pretty quick read. PM me if you're interested.

P.S. There is also a little (a very little) sexual content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.