Not open for further replies.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Yay Etola for the acceptance :D

ION, I think I have a date next week? The last date I went on went terribly, so hopefully this one will go well? I don't know, I've been on like a total of two dates in my life...

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I'm watching the first Percy Jackson movie for the first time right now simply because there's nothing else on. All I can say is: Meh.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
I'm watching the first Percy Jackson movie for the first time right now simply because there's nothing else on. All I can say is: Meh.

I really wanted to like it more back when I saw it, but, yeah. Maybe the book was better?

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina. Off to day job in just under an hour, then a long weekend due to the Bank Holiday on Monday. And it's payday today, being the last working day of the month. That does mean that September will be a 33-day month in pay terms...

I'll be in London for Frightfest tomorrow and Sunday, at home on Monday. Three Blu-rays need to be watched and reviewed as soon as possible, then that's it for a few weeks on that front. And one of the BFS novels to read on the trains to London and back. I may be able to get some fiction writing in, but for the past few weeks any I did was a bonus!

ION, I think I have a date next week? The last date I went on went terribly, so hopefully this one will go well? I don't know, I've been on like a total of two dates in my life...

Hope that goes well, Sian.

Last edited:

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Good luck, Sian!

Hoplite, you are right - :D I had to go check - the most words I've written in a day was the last day of my first historical fiction novel. 10,814. Yes, I'm an accountant, and yes, I keep a running tally of my word count for each novel. With dates. No, I'm not AR at all. Really :p

Of course, I rewrote a good chunk of that 10,814. The ending got expanded, twisted, and oomphed up considerably. And someone died and then just went mad instead of dying. Living with madness is more poignant than brains splattered on a hearth, especially when he was in love, right?

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Morning Cantina. So sleepy. Need caffeine.

Hey ya'll! :) I'm eating a piece of cake and it's not going well, which is sad.
I'll eat it if you don't want it. :)

@Sian: I hope all goes well. *hugs*

Words are happening today. Hopefully. At the very least, some organizing of Word documents should happen.

*stumbles off to find caffeine*

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Cantina.

It's Friday! :hooray:

Good luck on the date, Sian. I've only been on a couple and the last one was a nightmare. I'm mean, rom com, movie nightmare. Most people don't believe when I tell them the story.

Hoplite

Return of the Coffee Shield
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Cantina.

Been editing my SSFFSS again. I'm about halfway through it and I think there's more red than black now. *Hates editing*

Hope it goes well!

Hoplite, you are right - :D I had to go check - the most words I've written in a day was the last day of my first historical fiction novel. 10,814. Yes, I'm an accountant, and yes, I keep a running tally of my word count for each novel. With dates. No, I'm not AR at all. Really :p

:wag:

Yeah, I do the same.

Morning Cantina. So sleepy. Need caffeine.

*Plugs in the coffee fountain, has smibble-bot-waiters deliver coffee, tea, and pastries to everyone*

tianaluthien

What I do is not up to you
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
*Plugs in the coffee fountain, has smibble-bot-waiters deliver coffee, tea, and pastries to everyone*

*snuggles into pile of smibbles with tea and pastry and a fuzzy blanket*

Happy Friday everyone :)

Oooh! Question! Please help me Cantina! You're my only hope! The internet has failed me.

So. Icelandair made the following announcement:

Iceland’s premier airline, Icelandair, is excited to announce continued expansion of their global network with new seasonal service from Montreal beginning May 19, 2016. Flights from Pierre Trudeau International Airport will mark the arrival of the airline’s first gateway in the province of Quebec, and 16th in North America.

The full article can be found HERE.

But I'm confused. What do they mean by "gateway"? I ask because you can already fly out of Montreal via Icelandair. I know because I check, er, fairly regularly (Iceland 2016, yo!) So does this mean more service? Or...what. Any ideas?

Last edited:

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Gateway means they funnel other flights through it - so you can connect there from other points, that's all. And they will have a dedicated desk for Icelandair at the airport. Not much more exciting than that.

And Call of the Morrigu is finished! First draft is a wrap. The denouement was shorter than I had expected, but the climax scene was longer, so it all works out. Now to stick it away for a couple weeks to simmer... a total of 58,600 words. I had expected around 60K originally. That will fluctuate up and down with edits, but I usually end up around the same in the end.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Well...if all goes as planned, the roomie will be off vacationing in Toronto by tonight, and I'll have a glorious week-and-a-half of uninterrupted evening writing. There's about 45K to finish, split between 2 mms, to fulfill an obligation to agent and publisher. Before I buckle down on the sequel to the fantasy novel the agent's subbing right now. Yay! Writing time!

Last edited:

tianaluthien

What I do is not up to you
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Well...if all goes as planned, the roomie will be off vacationing in Toronto by tonight, and I'll have a glorious week-and-a-half of uninterrupted evening writing. There's about 45K to finish, split between 2 mms, to fulfill an obligation to agent and publisher. Before I buckle down on the sequel to the fantasy novel the agent's subbing right now. Yay! Writing time!

Wooo! :banana:

Gateway means they funnel other flights through it - so you can connect there from other points, that's all. And they will have a dedicated desk for Icelandair at the airport. Not much more exciting than that.

And Call of the Morrigu is finished! First draft is a wrap. The denouement was shorter than I had expected, but the climax scene was longer, so it all works out. Now to stick it away for a couple weeks to simmer... a total of 58,600 words. I had expected around 60K originally. That will fluctuate up and down with edits, but I usually end up around the same in the end.

:e2woo:

Elise-K-Ra'sha

Driving myself crazy with writing
Registered
Reaction score

They screwed that movie up so bad! The books are waaaaaaaay better. Way better. Like seriously, way better. I can't emphasize that enough. The first movie is so screwed up in terms of plot and everything that there's now a consistency error in the second movie.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Gais, my gran has bowel cancer.

Current prognosis is Christmas if she's lucky.

Don't even have the cash to get me half the distance to go see her at the moment. Since when did travel get that expensive? Grr.

Status
Not open for further replies.