The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Bayou Brew Publishing

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Bayou Brew Publishing

I recently stumbled upon this publisher and I was wondering if anyone had any information on them. The other day I was on their website and it looked pretty nice, but it is now under constriction as noted on their Facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/BayouBrewPublishing

From what I saw their covers were pretty nice and had they offer print and epub.

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    Based on the fragmentary info on a facebook page I couldn't begin to make an assessment. Based on their books on Amazon I have mixed feelings.
    Last edited by veinglory; 02-01-2014 at 11:44 PM.
    Emily Veinglory

practical experience, FTW aleighrose's Avatar
    I know this thread is a few months old, but here's their website: http://www.bayoubrewpublishinginc.com/

Does anyone have any more info on these guys? They look to be in my home state (Louisiana), but they don't provide much info on themselves or their policies regarding royalties. They have a "Services Offered" page, but it isn't mentioned on their "Submissions Guidelines" page. I can't tell if they're a vanity publisher, or if they just offer those paid services on the side. (Submissions are currently closed, by the way.)

Wilde about Oscar aliceshortcake's Avatar
    I get the impression that Bayou Brew started out as a self-publishing venture for the incredibly prolific Monique O'Connor James.
    "There is only one thing worse than being obliged to sit cross-legged on the grass, and that is being obliged to sit cross-legged on the grass near an ant colony"
    Oscar Wilde (citation needed)

practical experience, FTW aleighrose's Avatar
    Ah, that would make sense. Thanks!
    Last edited by aleighrose; 08-08-2014 at 02:03 AM.
    ~ Leigh

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Founder passed away 8/14. Family maintaining catalog, but site is gone and nothing new published.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: