The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Momentum Books

practical experience, FTW

Momentum Books

I found this publisher through a giveaway on Goodreads. http://momentumbooks.com.au/

Has anyone heard of them or dealt with them?

A Gentleman of a refined age... thothguard51's Avatar
    It is the digital arm of Pan Macmillan Australia. See their about page.

They are a digital publisher but in some cases they will offer titles as Print on Demand. Hmmm
    Knowledge is learned while wisdom is earned.

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
    Book 1, A Game of Pawns
    Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
    Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
    Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
    Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony

To dance and write is divine. TheDancingWriter's Avatar
    I don't really like the covers of their books, save for maybe two. I'm very picky with cover art. I'm not a graphics artist, and cover art is just as subjective as any other kind of cover art, but if it were recommended to me on Amazon, I wouldn't click on it.

Also, they don't offer DRM, but there are competing views on whether or not there should be DRM or shouldn't be DRM.

I know they're part of Pan Macmillan Australia, but it's kind of frustrating there is no staff page.

But these are my only three nitpicks.

When Stars Die (AEC Stellar Publishing, Inc., being re-released soon.)
    I Am the Bell Jar (2013: A Stellar Collection)

Goodreads

Formerly Phantom of Krankor. Torgo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thothguard51 View Post
    They are a digital publisher but in some cases they will offer titles as Print on Demand. Hmmm
    We're all doing backlist POD these days, to a greater or lesser extent...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDancingWriter View Post
    Also, they don't offer DRM, but there are competing views on whether or not there should be DRM or shouldn't be DRM.
    I think there shouldn't, and that not having DRM is a plus, but yes, your mileage may vary!

paranormal erotic romance gingerwoman's Avatar
    Count me in as someone who thinks DRM is a PIA, a waste of time and frankly will cost you some sales from people who hate DRM/have trouble downloading books with DRM.

What DRM won't do is stop pirates who know how to strip DRM and will simply do that and upload your book to the pirate site. In my experience all it does is annoy paying customers. I suppose one thing it can do is stop friends sharing books with each other to some extent, if they aren't people who know how to strip DRM.

I really like the look and feel of this publisher's website and their friendly submission guidelines, but I don't know what efforts they put in to promote authors if any. I've been hearing too many stories of the Big Five digital first lines not giving any promo or marketing whatsoever, although not specifically stories about Momentum. I don't know anyone published with them.
    Last edited by gingerwoman; 02-02-2014 at 12:06 PM.
    Paranormal Romance -Menage - Erotic Romance from Samhain Publishing 4th place for Best Published Paranormal in the Passionate Plume award.

Read the blurb for Wicked Safari and buy it here.

To find actively acquiring publishers and agents visit my blog
    http://lisawhitefern.wordpress.com/

practical experience, FTW Treehouseman's Avatar
    A few writer friends/acquaintances have their debut novels published through them. I haven't heard any complaints, but they are pretty much the digital arm alone.

paranormal erotic romance gingerwoman's Avatar
    They say they pay "higher royalties" pity they don't actually state what they are. :-/
    Paranormal Romance -Menage - Erotic Romance from Samhain Publishing 4th place for Best Published Paranormal in the Passionate Plume award.

Read the blurb for Wicked Safari and buy it here.

To find actively acquiring publishers and agents visit my blog
    http://lisawhitefern.wordpress.com/