The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Evil Girlfriend Media

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

[Publisher] Evil Girlfriend Media

Does anyone know anything about them? I can't find much information on them and I noticed they don't have a thread here so I thought I would ask.

http://www.evilgirlfriendmedia.com

practical experience, FTW Anarchic Q's Avatar
    I submitted to them in August, got a small but personal rejection in January. That is all I can contribute.
    Do Not Tamper With - My Writing, Art & Reviews Blog
    Wheelchair Seating for the Apocalypse - A horror short story by Q. Published on Spinetingler Magazine.
    Re-Invention - A sci-fi short story by Q. Printed in Make Something Magazine.
    GoodReads

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic Q View Post
    I submitted to them in August, got a small but personal rejection in January. That is all I can contribute.
    Thank you

I met the publisher at a sci-fi convention a couple months ago, just looked them up on here. Publishers/Editors are wonderful people, a mixture of newer folk to the industry and some top notch small press editors who have been around the block. So far they've mostly published short story anthologies, I think only one novel so far. I've read one of the anthologies, the stories in there were pretty good, a range as usual with something like this. It looked professional as a book. I can probably get answers to any specific questions if anyone needs.

Copy editor
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMaster View Post
    Does anyone know anything about them? I can't find much information on them and I noticed they don't have a thread here so I thought I would ask.

http://www.evilgirlfriendmedia.com
    I also looked here and on P and E.

I found a writer who discussed them; she gave me permission to post her blog post.

ETA: The LJ post is from 31-May-2013, and may not reflect 2014.

Whether this is still the contracts for writers, I don't know. I'm not a writer. As a freelancer, AW is one of my major go-to sources on publishers.

*---
    Last edited by az shea; 10-06-2014 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Forgot to add disclaimer promised to author.

practical experience, FTW
    Has anyone heard anything new about this publisher? I'm thinking about sending a story in for their anthology, but the only thing I can find is the blog post mentioned above, and that's from 2013.

I'm unsure about subbing to them because I don't know if the contract has changed or not from the time of the post.

Not as sweet as you think Aggy B.'s Avatar
    I seem to recall seeing that they are taking shorts for non-anthology publication now, but I'd have to look for the link.
    _________
    A.G.C.

OF LIPS AND TONGUE
    "Don't pick it up if you have important things to do today."
    "...the story itself is a masterpiece of horror, paranoia, love, and introduces a startling heroine that people should flock to."
    "If you like dark, unsettling, gorgeous Southern Gothic books with a taste of Southern Fried X-Files, this novella might be your cuppa."
    OF SHADE AND SOUL: Available now!

A.G. Carpenter
    @Aggy_C

practical experience, FTW
    Yes they are, but I'm not sure how/where they'll appear once published.