The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Helen Brann Agency

Helen Brann Agency

Anyone have experience with Helen Brann of the Helen Brann Agency? I like the sound of her from this interview about finishing Robert B. Parker’s last book, but I can't even find an agency website.

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go Gravity's Avatar
    Once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey.
    A dwindling few agencies don't have websites. It could be hers is one.
    John Robinson (formerly Cameron Bane ... RIP)

It could be, indeed. But that would only make any info folks here could provide all the more valuable. ;-)

Helen Brann also reps Maya Angelou.

I think it's relatively uncommon for agents who are seeking new clients to have no website of any kind these days (even if just a page with contact info, which I've seen on occasion). I imagine that Ms. Brann falls into the category of those who aren't. Google and you'll find contact info, which I won't post here because I really don't think she's seeking queries, but you never know. My agent is also one with no website, and who wasn't and isn't open to queries, so who am I to say?
    Moral of the story: Soy yogurt is evil and don't cross picketlines. -Twizzle

Yep, I found contact info, along with a note that she's not open to queries... last updated in 2009. Whether the lack of website is because she's still not taking queries, or for some other reason, is one of the things I was hoping someone here would have some insight on.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Agency assets acquired by ICM in '15, shortly before Ms. Brann succumbed to cancer. (PW Article) (obit)
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: