• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader &/or edit mentor needed, NA/romance/thriller

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I know my post count is low, I've been lurking and learning, but if anyone would be willing to beta and or be an edit coach for me I would greatly appreciate it.

I've made two passes to clean up my novel myself, had an English major friend clean up some grammar and punctuation, and a beta reader go through with a line by line with suggestions. I'm looking for more opinions and help with cleaning up more adverbs and whatever else I may have missed from my 'how to edit' research from more seasoned writers.

My story is more of a general fiction with heavy romance plot since I do not give them a HEA in this one. I have a second story planned out that will ultimately give them their HEA.

It's currently 294 pages (74K, cut down from 89K). Here is a snippit of a random page just to get an idea of my writing style.

He sat on the sofa in silence for a while with arms crossed over his chest, staring into the distance. Frustrated he had shut down, I gave up, brushed away a tear and began to pick up a mess my little dog Rusty had left for me. Was that toilet paper mixed with shreds of … black leather? If he chewed my brand new boots I was going to kill him. At the same moment I was about to run upstairs to check on my new shoe acquisition, Dan finally spoke. It was almost a whisper, but I heard him as clear as if he had shouted it at me.
“Okay, but if it doesn’t work out-“
I squealed and threw my arms around him, black and white confetti rained down over us in celebration.

Nancy.K.Writer

Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea what an HEA is but I would be more than happy to offer opinions. The only thing I would ask is to be sent it in pieces... large files can be daunting but I could commit to a 48-72 turnaround on a chapter... I love reading and giving feedback. PM me or just post here if you are interested.

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey, thanks for responding. HEA is Happily Ever After. I'll send you a pm :)

I also realized I did not mention I'm more than happy to exchange feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.